Want to start Fiber glassing

Noel989

I'm wanna start fiberglassing but I'm uncertain on what I could use

Can I use this

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/3M-1-qt-Bondo-fiberglass-resin/_/N-260o?itemIdentifier=167023&_requestid=396144

Or

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Bondo-Home-Solutions-1-qt-All-Purpose-Fiberglass-Resin-20122/202077790/

Or what do you recommend? Anything that I could go and pick up to a home depot autoparts store etc?

I'm going to start with something small like tweet pods so I don't need alot

Neither, both suck. They are thick as hell, and don't apply too awesome. FInd a local place that sells, or go to the US composites website. I get mine from a local guy here in Glendale, AZ and the product is superior. Mat is mat, but the resin is where you'll notice huge differences.

Go here:

http://www.uscomposites.com/polyesters.html

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Yeah bondo brand sucks. Try to find a place that sells evercoat brand

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

The bondo stuff will work, same as 3m stuff, but it just doesnt work very good. It is thick resin and doesnt wet out the cloth very well. It takes alot of brush poking to get the cloth fully saturated. Also with the better stuff it will actually change colors from almost clear to dark green or dark blue. The color changing gives you kind of like a timer on how much working time you have before it starts to set up.

Neither, both suck. They are thick as hell, and don't apply too awesome. FInd a local place that sells, or go to the US composites website. I get mine from a local guy here in Glendale, AZ and the product is superior. Mat is mat, but the resin is where you'll notice huge differences.

Go here:

http://www.uscomposites.com/polyesters.html

What number resin do you use from there now?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I've never had to order anything from US composites, as I have local fiberglass shop that has great stuff. Looking at that page, there was one that stuck out to me, the general purpose stuff.

I'm suck deciding between 435 and Gen Purpose.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

sorry for the thread jack, but how much resin is the average that people buy? would 1 quart suffice for a decent sized fiberglass enclosure or should i go for a gallon?

On my sub enclosure, I only did layers of mat and resin on the front, too, bottom, and sides just for cosmetics. It are up one gallon, but I used a bunch. I'd suggest getting two with enough MEKP to do multiple coats.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

For basic building, I use the HD stuff quite often. It's not the best by any means, but will work for most anything you need it too.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived