What are negative effects of high SPL on the body?

My room mate argues with me that my dumb little SA-8 on 400 watts in my dorm is going to ruin his hard drive, and ruin my spine, collapse my lung, and separate organs. I have argued with him a lot and he is so stubborn and won't just let it be and he looks up things online that are like 1 in 5,000,000,000,000 chance of happening and says that bass is horrible for you.

I would love some extra information on this topic because you'd think that since there are so many people involved in SPL that you'd see more effects on their bodies. Of course, 150+ decibels isn't necessarily good for you, but will it take a toll on you in any other way besides your hearing?

Discuss!

E34 540iT/6

it can make you tired from all the orgasms it may induce

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

No negative effects until you get into some of the BIG builds.

You have nothing to worry about... Well... Except for a cranky friend lol.

No negative effects until you get into some of the BIG builds.

You have nothing to worry about... Well... Except for a cranky friend lol.

I'm not worrying about squat. I can't leave bass no matter what, any consequences are worth it almost. I just want to give my pessimistic ass hole room mate some real information that's not from old people who are bashing on peoples cars with "dem boom boxes".

E34 540iT/6

He says the vibrations are horrible for your organs or something because they're sound waves and they can separate organs and cause gaps between them or something? I've only been into SPL for like 3 years, but I've still never heard of anything like this happening to someone?

E34 540iT/6

be carefull if you have a glass eyeball, Steve's Ho might pop it out of your head.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived