Second Skin Audio

1 DC lvl 6 in a crew cab silverado

milleranp

hey guys, new to the site but not to the hobby.

right now i am running a 9515g in a 4.5 cube box tuned to 37 hz. in my 2010 silverado crew cab. what i did was replace the small portion of the 70/30 fold up seat with the box and installed the amp under it. running a m3a amp at 1 ohm and 4 agm batteries with a batcap 2000 right next to the amp. the sub and port are both firing back towards the rear of the cab.

i have tried firing up and forward, but back seems to be the loudest. for what it is i don't feel it is loud enough, almost like the amp is struggling. voltage never drops below 12 volts, even on bass heavy tracks. it wants to clip whenever volume is turned up. i figure the sub at minimum is getting 2000 watts but it seems like it needs more.

thinking about going bigger, say a dc level 6 18 and a dc 7.5k. i think the biggest chalange is the crew cab configuration and sub/port placement. my requirements are keeping at least the capability to carry 2 passengers in the back. (i.e. the 70% bench seat)

anyone have experience with these trucks? every other truck i have had i did blow troughs on and they sounded awesome, but im not cutting up this one....yet haha

thanks

tell me what i need to do to to get the most musical output (box configuration) from the DC 18? in the cab......

Lose the entire back seat. No way youre gonna fit that massive sub and proper box in the 30% bench seat area. Having enough baffle to hold that massive sub alone would take lots of room

Everythings in the attic or garage since the truck was sold last year. New build should be coming soon in a dodge cummins smile.gif

sorry to break it to you, but i think a 15" is the biggest you can fit in there and get the optimum performance out of it.

im sure you could squeeze a 18 in there, but its like giving a track runner shoes too small and expecting to get the best lap time. won't happen.

sorry to break it to you, but i think a 15" is the biggest you can fit in there and get the optimum performance out of it.

im sure you could squeeze a 18 in there, but its like giving a track runner shoes too small and expecting to get the best lap time. won't happen.

Love that analogy!

Archived