Mechman Alternators

Giving Mechman another shot.. 11/15 Got my Alt.

i didnt want to use them i say my price on there webpage for my model car was 275 but when i asked for a quote the webpage got updated and i was told like 600 bucks so i never went with them from then on

but they are doing a good thing donating to a family but the only thing is everyone wants to feed families in different countries instead of our own all the time.

Edited by ric006

123_zpsdd06b4db.png

This bracket should look familiar, you built it for a 4.6, and I modified it to work with the 5.4. Triples are great, but my engine jsut bogs down too much. I am going to cut the 3rd alt off and drop back to duals on 12v instead of running 12v, and 14v.

The pulley just to the left of the stock alt can be dropped down to allow for better belt wrap on the stock alt. I will then run around the dual and then around the grooved pulley to keep the belt from hitting itself once the pulley next to the stock alt is lowered down. Hopefully it works out like I have it planned.

502b6b71-1.jpg

As long as you increase the belt wrap, it should be OK. Im sure you have a fair amount of belt slip already with that much alternator power running off of one belt.

I just wanted to be as upfront as possible with the output on that particular unit, as some of those trucks idle really low. It's a good unit, just doesn't do much below 800 rpm.

i didnt want to use them i say my price on there webpage for my model car was 275 but when i asked for a quote the webpage got updated and i was told like 600 bucks so i never went with them from then on

but they are doing a good thing donating to a family but the only thing is everyone wants to feed families in different countries instead of our own all the time.

We don't have any prices listed for any particular car on our website. For each series it says "from $349" etc... Some cars are more expensive than others. If we quoted you $600, you probably have a VW, or some other car that requires a Billet housing. Machining billet housings is not cheap, but is the only way to get high tech internals on older vehicles. DC power also uses Billet housings, and they are even higher in price than we are.

And as far as donating funds to starving families in Ethiopia is concerned, we have already beaten that horse to death on Facebook, but why not give her another good flogging...

Never in a million years would I have thought that we get flamed for feeding starving people- (some people even said they would never buy from us because we support charities in a foreign country) I was flabbergasted when I saw all of the angry comments in response to us trying to feed people who are literally starving to death and dying from untreated disease.

We also donate thousands of dollars every year to charities that support struggling families right here in Knoxville and throughout Appalachia. We also offer a 10% military discount, (always have, always will) yet some selfish people still want to throw rocks at us. If you want to know the real reason we started our program to help Ethiopian families, it's because we saw how so much of our donations to local families were being un-appreciated or wasted. Meanwhile, our overseas families were absolutely ecstatic to get a lousy $30 to live off of for a month. Which would you choose to support after seeing the reaction from both??? Not to mention the fact that our local families already receive food stamps, WIC, SS, disability, and food closet support. The Ethiopians have NOTHING to help them.

/rant

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Gotcha. If I can set my idle set point to 850rpm would that make a difference? What can I expect power wise at 850rpm idle and full tilt?

You should have about 150 amps cold @ 850 RPM. That will drop some as the alt temp increases.

We don't have any prices listed for any particular car on our website. For each series it says "from $349" etc... Some cars are more expensive than others. If we quoted you $600, you probably have a VW, or some other car that requires a Billet housing. Machining billet housings is not cheap, but is the only way to get high tech internals on older vehicles. DC power also uses Billet housings, and they are even higher in price than we are.

And as far as donating funds to starving families in Ethiopia is concerned, we have already beaten that horse to death on Facebook, but why not give her another good flogging...

Never in a million years would I have thought that we get flamed for feeding starving people- (some people even said they would never buy from us because we support charities in a foreign country) I was flabbergasted when I saw all of the angry comments in response to us trying to feed people who are literally starving to death and dying from untreated disease.

We also donate thousands of dollars every year to charities that support struggling families right here in Knoxville and throughout Appalachia. We also offer a 10% military discount, (always have, always will) yet some selfish people still want to throw rocks at us. If you want to know the real reason we started our program to help Ethiopian families, it's because we saw how so much of our donations to local families were being un-appreciated or wasted. Meanwhile, our overseas families were absolutely ecstatic to get a lousy $30 to live off of for a month. Which would you choose to support after seeing the reaction from both??? Not to mention the fact that our local families already receive food stamps, WIC, SS, disability, and food closet support. The Ethiopians have NOTHING to help them.

/rant

i have a 97 tbird an when u had prices on ur site for that model and amps it was changed and i never said you were doing a bad thing i just said there are americans that need help too but when you see people getting help its other countries

Edited by ric006

123_zpsdd06b4db.png