Mechman Alternators

Giving Mechman another shot.. 11/15 Got my Alt.

I have had a bad experience previously with Mechman a few years ago, but I see that alot of things have changed now, so I am giving it another shot. I just ordered a 340a externally regulated unit for my 06 F150. I would like to say thanks to Josh, was very nice to talk to and extremely helpful, much different experience than i have had in the past. I am looking forward to getting the Alt and getting it installed.

Edited by CJ18
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

No I love my Singer units. I am dropping back to a dual setup instead of triples. Having the 3rd alt on just puts so much stress on the engine and really bogs it down. I am going to kick the 14v to the curb and order 6 d7500s and go back to an all 12v setup with the Mechman 340 in my stock location and one of the singer 400s as the dual. The biggest alt that Mike can currently make for my stock spot is a 220a unit. I want to get as much as I possibly can, so I called Mechman. I was intending to go with a 270 externally regulated, but I was told that they make the 340 for my stock location and it happens to be on sale right now. I couldnt pass that up. I jut paid for it and it should be here when i get back from Vacation the first of December.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

It bogs your engine down cause its ford. Look at all the Chevys with 6-8 alts and run just fine. Lol. Still cat wait to see a new batt rack.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Cody- I spoke with josh when I saw that PO, as we don't normally sell the 340 for 4.6/5.4 ford applications. I asked Josh if he let you know that that unit does not charge hardly at all below 800 rpm, and will slip the belt severely when under full load on a 4.6/5.4L Ford. (because is has no belt wrap on the alternator on that motor)

Josh said it wasn't being used in the stock location, and that it would be OK because the dual bracket you were using increased the belt wrap. I Hope there wasn't a mis-communication there, we definitely want the unit to meet all of your expectations and for you to have a positive buying experience.

Hmm. The unit is going in my stock location, but is being used in conjunction with my dual. I am going to be modifying the bracket to allow for better belt wrap on the stock unit. I can lower the pulley the is just to the left of the stock down 2 notches, this should give me the belt wrap that I need. Hopefully it all works out.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

This bracket should look familiar, you built it for a 4.6, and I modified it to work with the 5.4. Triples are great, but my engine jsut bogs down too much. I am going to cut the 3rd alt off and drop back to duals on 12v instead of running 12v, and 14v.

The pulley just to the left of the stock alt can be dropped down to allow for better belt wrap on the stock alt. I will then run around the dual and then around the grooved pulley to keep the belt from hitting itself once the pulley next to the stock alt is lowered down. Hopefully it works out like I have it planned.

502b6b71-1.jpg