Active wiring

OrzechNJ

changing the amp to 2 channel mode simply makes it to where it only uses the front rca inputs of the amp right?

if that is the case then yes rather then it having a front and rear channel then the amp would only use the front channel signal but the 4 channels would still put out the same amount of power.

the tweets should be wire to a 8ohm load at the lowest and the mids to a 4 ohm load at the lowest. that should be close to 50 per tweet and 100 per mid. switch the crossovers to bi-amp then set the crossover.

thats what i was tryin to figure out !

how I can wire 4 tweeteres from 2 channels to 8 ohms ?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

it's simpler than that. if you have front and rear RCA outputs from your headunit, use the 4 channel option. If you only have one set of RCA outputs on your headunit, use the 2 channel option.

what he was saying is that he doesnt want the any speakers running off the rear output signal. so my guess is the t600.4 is for a front stage amp.

right, but the front and read signals are the same, unless he is running a surround system. THe only thing he would lose using the 2channel mode is the ability to fade between inputs. if he is using the amp for front stage only anyway, there really is no need to fade then.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

wire the tweeter in series off the crossover. Wire the mids in parallel. The amp will see 8ohms on the tweeters, and 2 ohms on the mids.

Series is tweet + to xover, tweet - to other tweet +, tweet- to crossover. for the mids just hook positives to pos, neg to neg

edit:

tweets to front channels, mids to rear channels.

it's simpler than that. if you have front and rear RCA outputs from your headunit, use the 4 channel option. If you only have one set of RCA outputs on your headunit, use the 2 channel option.

what he was saying is that he doesnt want the any speakers running off the rear output signal. so my guess is the t600.4 is for a front stage amp.

thats exactly what I was talkin about

Are we not talking about an active set up anymore? Because active set up means you would not use your passive crossovers that came with the T2's.

All I've read is about using them. Which way are you going with this?

his 600-4 doesn't have the capability to high pass high enough for him to run true active. only goes to 500hz. So his option is just run the tweets off the front channels through the passive crossovers, and mids off the rear channels through the crossovers. and use the high pass on the amp so they are band passed. Then he can dial back his tweets with the amp gain.

I know, I'm the one that pointed that out to him in like the 4th post.

I just didn't see in the rest of the thread where he opted to use the passives.

He can still get an active crossover to go true active or stick to the passives which work well too.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

wait so you want 4 tweets and 4 mids? dont think you can wire at 8 ohms then would have to be 4ohms i think.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

wait so you want 4 tweets and 4 mids? dont think you can wire at 8 ohms then would have to be 4ohms i think.

hmm. yeah, i don't remember what the resistance of each driver is. Brain fart. I thought they were 4 ohm drivers each.

wire the tweeter in series off the crossover. Wire the mids in parallel. The amp will see 8ohms on the tweeters, and 2 ohms on the mids.

Series is tweet + to xover, tweet - to other tweet +, tweet- to crossover. for the mids just hook positives to pos, neg to neg

edit:

tweets to front channels, mids to rear channels.

so I should use 2 tweeters per one crossover ?

I would, but i'm not using mine. I was just thinking, what headunit do you have, maybe it has the capability to do all of this built in?

Archived