Active wiring

OrzechNJ

How is my diagram wrong? Please, i would like to know.

the wiring is right but when the deck is set for active the front rear and sub preouts change to high mid low preouts. that and if he did what you said with out changing it to active then he wouldnt have the control he could have by changing it to active.

I see, well i am only showing him how to wire, which is what he asked. So i wasn't really wrong, i can't drive to the guys house and do this for him, lol

How is my diagram wrong? Please, i would like to know.

the wiring is right but when the deck is set for active the front rear and sub preouts change to high mid low preouts. that and if he did what you said with out changing it to active then he wouldnt have the control he could have by changing it to active.

I see, well i am only showing him how to wire, which is what he asked. So i wasn't really wrong, i can't drive to the guys house and do this for him, lol

lol i know. just trying to make sure he doesnt go and do it how you said and not the the deck up correctly end up with issues and then blame you and everyone else on this forum for his issues.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

here. these crossover settings are just a suggestion.

picture-1.jpg?t=1352783633

edit,

dammit, get back in here lol

you use paint program for this wire diagram? i need to make myself a wiring diagram.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

edit,

you use paint program for this wire diagram? i need to make myself a wiring diagram.

i used ms-paint. lol

k just made my wire diagram

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

No mean to thread jack but with mids, do they have to be band passed? What if the amplifier has the switch that says |HPF| |LPF| |FULL|? I would set the tweets to HPF 4khz and what about the mids? I know it would kill them to play lows so a HPF should be used, but what about a LPF to stop it from trying to reproduce highs? I was planning on using ch 1/2 for the tweets and then bridging 3/4 for the mids. Or are there amplifiers out there that let you bandpass?

onx480.jpg

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

if running active you realy need a way to fully set crossover points for all signals, low, mid and high alike. you have to make sure each part of the system is being used in its most suitable situation including in it suggested freq range. if not you could harm the speaker and not get the sq your looking for.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

edit,

thats the way I wanna run it now !! good job! it took u a while for sure !

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

edit,

wrong on some of it but the wiring is correct.

the head unit needs to be set to active/high,mid,low rca setting. to do that you have to take the hu out, find a switch ( the manual for the hu will tell you where to find it) set it to active and then push the reset button on the hu ( manual can actually explain all of this with pics ).

then run the front(high) rca preouts to the front input on the amp. run the rear (mids) rca preout to the rear input on the amp. then the sub (low) to the sub amp.

from there you need to turn the cd player on but do not turn the volume up at all, keep it all the way down. go to network 1 select low pass, go back, go to network 1 set the cross over point. go back to network 1 self low mid filter go to network 2 set to around 150hz. go to network 1 select mid high pass filter go to network 2 set to 25khz. go to network 1 selct high pass filter go to network 2 set to 3khz. now go back through the network one setting and select low pass then go to network 3 select octave slope. repeat for each crossover point.

READ, the manual for you cd player will tell you how to do all of this with pics. if you dont have the manual google search pioneer deh-80prs manual.

i knew in the first post i asked that i should have asked about his hu. but no of course i assume that if he had a hu that was able to do all this he would have mentioned it. my fault guys.

i have the same hu and planning just about the same thing. but using 2 punch pro tweets and 2 punch pro 6" mids and a t400.4. 1 tweet per front channel and 1 mid per rear channel. tweets wired at 8ohms and mids wired at 4 ohms. then if i want more out of the mids and tweets i can buy 2 more tweets rewire to 4ohm and 2 more mids and rewire to 2ohm.

I didnt see anythin like "Network 1" setting in my HU.. it change after I switch to active mode ?

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

yeah. if it is the pioneer 80 prs then you have all the control you need to run active.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived