SLAYER1805 Posted November 16, 2012 Report Posted November 16, 2012 I'm upgrading my front doors soon and I want to know what is a good set of 5 1/4's, I haven't seen much about good 5 1/4's so I was wondering what sets have you guys used and would you recommend them. I just need something that sounds good, whether it be a 2 way speaker or component set, and it has to be able to take 60 watts RMS. The budget for these is $150 but if I have to I'll go up to $200 for a good set. Thanks
mrd6 Posted November 16, 2012 Report Posted November 16, 2012 What are you hoping the speakers will do? Also, will you be running active or do you need a set with crossovers? My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
SLAYER1805 Posted November 16, 2012 Author Report Posted November 16, 2012 I'm not looking for anything special, I just want some that will sound good, anything that will sound better than my best buy special speakers from 4 years ago, and I'd need a set with cross overs
mrd6 Posted November 16, 2012 Report Posted November 16, 2012 Without doing too much research these would probably be my first choice http://store.12velectronics.com/mirus-m51-2-5-25-coaxial-speaker-set/ There are probably other options out there but these do sound great and are exactly at your price point My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
satish1015 Posted November 16, 2012 Report Posted November 16, 2012 Right now I am using these woofers http://www.amazon.com/Oxygen-Audio-AIR132-inch-Speaker/dp/B001T0HEC2 pretty cheap and they get pretty loud and clean.. specially for the price 2008 BMW 550i M Sport Build coming soon! 2000 Volvo s40 1.9TPioneer DVD navigation head unitO2 audio performance mid range speakers2 Crescendo PWX-6 Pro Mid Range Speakers2 Crescendo PWX-8 Pro Mid Range Speakers4 Selenium ST200 Super TweetersHifonics ZRX2000.4 Amplifier2- 12 inch DC Audio Level 4 m2Hifonics Brutus BXI-1610D Amplifier2 KinetiK HC1400R- Secondary BatteriesKinetik HC600- Secondary BatteryKnukonceptz 1/0 gauge big 3 upgrade
White Lightning Posted November 16, 2012 Report Posted November 16, 2012 Without doing too much research these would probably be my first choice http://store.12velec...al-speaker-set/ There are probably other options out there but these do sound great and are exactly at your price point WOW ... These look really good !!! Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
SLAYER1805 Posted November 16, 2012 Author Report Posted November 16, 2012 Without doing too much research these would probably be my first choice http://store.12velectronics.com/mirus-m51-2-5-25-coaxial-speaker-set/ There are probably other options out there but these do sound great and are exactly at your price point I'm liking these!
SLAYER1805 Posted November 16, 2012 Author Report Posted November 16, 2012 Right now I am using these woofers http://www.amazon.com/Oxygen-Audio-AIR132-inch-Speaker/dp/B001T0HEC2 pretty cheap and they get pretty loud and clean.. specially for the price I've heard of O2 before, I'm kinda skeptical about them because of the price but I've heard good things about them
mttornquist Posted November 16, 2012 Report Posted November 16, 2012 these ones look real nice but I havent heard them http://store.12velectronics.com/products/Zapco-RB13.2-5.25%22-Component-Speaker-Set.html zapco is a good brand though My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...lmost-complete/
Sonic Posted November 16, 2012 Report Posted November 16, 2012 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24263_Rockford-Fosgate-T252-S.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_37959_Rockford-Fosgate-T252-S-NVX-Sound-Dampening.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_43521_Focal-IS130.html The hat set is also very nice.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.