Which gas credit card should I get for my first credit card?

if I were you I would just get one that approves you. I am currently trying to get one to build my credit, and it is impossible. I can't even get a store credit card. Not having a credit score sucks.

If you're applying left and right, you're doing more damage than good. Multiple searches into your credit is very bad for your score.

nope, I apply for one every 2 months. I started this after applying for a $3000 truck loan, that nobody would give me. I NEED to build my credit if I ever want a new truck, a house, pretty much anything, I am almost about to give up.

That's way too much. Your best bet is to stop, get a secured credit card, and then apply in a year. You are hurting your scores severely, hard inquiries that often is not good.

Although I hete secured CC, it may be my only choice, I just hate paying $300 that I may or may not use. AND then paying intrest anyway.

1996 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 AWD

So far with the Ford/JBL Stock Stereo system, Alpine System coming soon.

@teamHT

I can't get approved for any card I have ever applied for even from my own bank. All the letters of denial give me the same reason being "No credit history". So if technically I have no credit history or score, does doing credit searches still hurt my name?

Yes. And making it more difficult to build.

For those who cannot get approved. This is my advice. Have people you trust and trust you with credit cards and have them add you on as an authorized user. Basically, you need someone who is actually paying their bills. You will "piggy back" on their credit building, and don't even need to use it. You're getting reported on their payments. Then get yourself a secured credit card. Most institutions require a 120% deposit with a $500 minimum meaning a $600 deposit. It's actually not as bad as you think. Spend about $450 on it and make payments a little above minimum payments down to $100 and use it back to $450. In six months, you can have anywhere up to a soft A, solid C. In a year, depending on the institution and your relationship with them financially you can upgrade to a very good sized unsecured (amount will depend on your income and DTI) and you get your deposit back. Some people aren't willing to wait but in this day and age, if you want to join the world of credit and indebted.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Yeah secured credit card is how i originally started outta high school.

Question to teamht,

right now i have a unsecured credit card and have always made more than the minimum payment on time. On my other secured credit card i have had that one for many years and again always on time, i had called them a while back asking them if they can make it unsecure and they said no they wouldnt not sure if that meant they cant or just dont want to.

Is it possible to have them change it from secure to unsecure?

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

@teamHT

I can't get approved for any card I have ever applied for even from my own bank. All the letters of denial give me the same reason being "No credit history". So if technically I have no credit history or score, does doing credit searches still hurt my name?

Yes. And making it more difficult to build.

For those who cannot get approved. This is my advice. Have people you trust and trust you with credit cards and have them add you on as an authorized user. Basically, you need someone who is actually paying their bills. You will "piggy back" on their credit building, and don't even need to use it. You're getting reported on their payments.

I can vouch for this.

I've been an authorized user on my mom's account for about a year. (I was added when I turned 18, for emergencies only)

We didn't realize it was building credit for me until recently when I went to apply for a card.

If you can't do THAT, get your parents to co-sign on a credit card. It will build your credit, just make sure you make your payments or your parents get fucked.

On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said:

"Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."

2008 Subaru Forester XT

Archived