Different branches and forms of military/armed forces

So I have been contemplating joining some branch of the military/armed forces since I graduated from high school this past spring. I did not get many scholarships and the one that I did get was very small. Only $400. I know that after you serve for X amount of time they pay for a large amount if not all of your college funds (correct me where ever I am wrong). and this financial burden of me being in college is putting extra stress on my parents and I. I decided to save my money like all of you said before and I am not buying any extra fun stuff or "toys" I am actually trying to sell all the stuff I have like that. I feel that joining may also help me find more of a purpose for what I want to do for a career also. So what I want to know are what are the pros and cons to each branch of military/armed forces. A guy I work with told me to join army reserve or national guard. Just looking for opinions guys so please don't bash the post. I know some of you have been and are in one branch or another so I figured I could get some pretty straight forward answers. Thanks in advance.

What do you want to do? You want to do the full 20 and retire or only do a short term like 4 years. If its the 4 year route what do you plan on doing after you get out? Deciding what you want to do could help you in the long run cause most fields in the military will have some training in what you want to do and give you college credit. If you decide to join you will get the post 9/11 gi bill which will pay your college for you. Once you decide what you wanna do you could figure the branch.

What do you want to do? You want to do the full 20 and retire or only do a short term like 4 years. If its the 4 year route what do you plan on doing after you get out? Deciding what you want to do could help you in the long run cause most fields in the military will have some training in what you want to do and give you college credit. If you decide to join you will get the post 9/11 gi bill which will pay your college for you. Once you decide what you wanna do you could figure the branch.

x2. No matter which route you take... doing the full 20 and retire or just do 4 years... military will give you the gi bill which will pay for your education and give you money. It depends on the zip of where the school is but you could go to school for free (all you pay for is books food and wherever you want to live, they pay for the fees and such) and you get money on the side as well. Hence why I'm fighting for mine.

Sheena = pedobear

^x2

Post 9/11 bill would help you out after you seperate from the Military, not to mention that while you are in(active duty) you can get many certifications free of charge that will benefit you once you are out.

And not much difference between guard and reservists, you can carry on with your personal life after you get through your training and attend school at the location of your choice pretty much. Along with college tuition you also get housing allowance for being a full time student. The housing allowance is a set rate dependent on location of school. so there are some real good benefits.

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

x2. No matter which route you take... doing the full 20 and retire or just do 4 years... military will give you the gi bill which will pay for your education and give you money. It depends on the zip of where the school is but you could go to school for free (all you pay for is books food and wherever you want to live, they pay for the fees and such) and you get money on the side as well. Hence why I'm fighting for mine.

Curious about this? When did you join the military and why dont you have the gi bill?

^x2

Post 9/11 bill would help you out after you seperate from the Military, not to mention that while you are in(active duty) you can get many certifications free of charge that will benefit you once you are out.

And not much difference between guard and reservists, you can carry on with your personal life after you get through your training and attend school at the location of your choice pretty much. Along with college tuition you also get housing allowance for being a full time student. The housing allowance is a set rate dependent on location of school. so there are some real good benefits.

The difference is in location. If you live near a coast it doesn't matter, if you live far from the coast then reserve is a better choice if you are wanting to stay close to home.

Post 9/11 GI Bill pays tuition, a monthly supply stipend, and a housing allowance dependent on the zip code of the school.

I say sign up for 4, to see how you like it. You can always reup later. Just be sure to pick a job that will give you job opportunities in the civilian world whenever you get out.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Post 9/11 GI Bill pays tuition, a monthly supply stipend, and a housing allowance dependent on the zip code of the school.

I say sign up for 4, to see how you like it. You can always reup later. Just be sure to pick a job that will give you job opportunities in the civilian world whenever you get out.

x2 on this

Archived