My skar experience ...

So I'd like to just share a few of my thoughts on skar, their company as a whole, and their products overall. These are all opinions of mine and have nothing to do with anyone else.

Let me first say Kevin is an awesome guy, he is willing to bend over backwards for his customers and really dedicates a lot of time and effort to make skar not only one of the best products but also the best customer service around.

I always get an email back from him in less then 2 hours, most of the time 30 minutes. I can't even do that and I don't have a company. I always get my products with in days, and with free shipping and super easy contact, it just seems logical for me to keep skar in mind.

Their products have always impressed. Besides the fact that they look bad a$$, they are over built like hell. Everything is made like a tank. I currently have a t600-4 and it gets soooooooooooo hot it's untouchable after 10 minutes of play time and I'm not even pushing it that hard and voltage is always decent. However my skar sk2500.1 is on the same voltage, running at 1 ohm, set with -5db on my dd1 and it doesn't even get warm. It puts out WAY more power then any 2k -2.5k amp I've ever seen. Talk about under rated and over built. I have it powering 2 skar VVX 12's which as you may know are 600 rms woofers. I am running them on more then double RMS power and they get SUPER loud and crazy low. I'm actually curious to meter it. I don't wanna jinx it but let's just say I have a feeling I'm already pretty loud for a trunk only car.

Today as an experiment I put my sk2500 on -10 db, my voltage drop was 11.8 and I played decaf songs like 357 and bass ballin, for about 9 minutes stright on my VVX's. with shitty voltage, double power, decaf intensity, and extended play time..... It still took 10 minutes to get stinky and after a short 5 minute cool down was ready for more.

Lets just say ill be returning to skar for ALL my future needs. Including replacing my polks, replacing my Rockford, upgrading my existing skar stuff, and anything else they sell I'm sure will be just as great with the customer service to back it up.

Props to Kevin, and thanks for reading!

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

nice bro SKAR FTW!

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, Skar FTW. Haven't really had too many dealings with the c/s side but I have a pair of the MA-8's and have seen a 2500.1 and several of the vvx line and they are definitely over built. Keep it that way and you may be on Fosgate's level in a few years.

zr2usasig.jpg

Yeah, it's slower than your bowel movements.