DC Sound Lab

Please Confirm this DC XL box build

Just looking for some input on this box build. Just wondering if the box is right for these subs. I will be powering them with 2 AQ2200D's

Edit: Post #21, page 2 with new edited specs.

DCXLBox5_zps42d9faa4.jpg

Edited by KenC210

general rule of thumb, port area for a slot port should be between 12-16" per cuft. the more port area you have the peakier it can be where as the smaller the port area the flatter response it can have.

lots of port making a peaky box is good but more for spl only then daily and being tuned at 33hz i doubt you are looking for a spl only box.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

yes this is for a daily. So i should try and change the tuning and shoot for a smaller port area per cuft

edit: so the port area @118 is good or should i change things around to get 13-14in2 per ft3?

Edited by KenC210

yes this is for a daily. So i should try and change the tuning and shoot for a smaller port area per cuft

the tuning is fine but you should go for closer to a 14" of port per cuft

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i dont know much about those subs so i can say for sure if the volume is good but the port look good now.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets