Sundown Audio

What Causes Amplifier To Pop

philip

maybe its an older amp without that anti thud built in?. i havent the first clue as to how to stop it other than make sure the ground is good

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

sorry guys i tried the search but it keeps saying the words are not long enough for a search. in any case what causes an amp to pop when you turn it on and off, even whith the rca's disconnnected?

THANK YOU

i was going to post this a while ago but kept forgetting, one of my amps used to do that but i just bought another one thinking it was bad, lol

hopefully som1 can answer..=D

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

well there can be two pops

1. if comming from the amp, its just thr relays inside flipping

2. if comming from the speakers, then thats caused by i beleive a short power burst from the caps powering up. Thats why you see amps that say stuff like "soft turn on" or "no thump turn on" or" muted start" somthing like that.

TEAM SUNDOWN

4 Nightshade 15"s

2 Sundown SAZ-4500

8 Deep Cycle batts

1998 Cadillac Catera

SPLMAX CUP 2008 Fourth Place Overall

logoblack.jpg

My amp used to pop or make a thump when i would turn the car on and that was because I didn't have a convertor/loc I just tapped into my speaker wire on the 6x9's and ran speaker wire to the amp and solder on universal rca ends

So it was speaker wire with a rca on one end going into the rca's inputs on the amp. In your case it may be bad rca's or somthing else.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"