DD1 tuning for slowed music?

I am back at school so I'll have to flush it up when I get home. I thought I had been hearing something though haha. The subsonic is a 50hz on the head unit I believe and the settings are all flat the sub level is +2 it clips at +3 when tested with the dd1.

I'm just jumping in here..

But, did you mean to say your Subsonic filter is set at 50hz on your HU????????

I am back at school so I'll have to flush it up when I get home. I thought I had been hearing something though haha. The subsonic is a 50hz on the head unit I believe and the settings are all flat the sub level is +2 it clips at +3 when tested with the dd1.

I'm just jumping in here..

But, did you mean to say your Subsonic filter is set at 50hz on your HU????????

I saw that, but that is prbably just for his doors. My speakers were toast if I didn't turn the SSF lowpass up on my HU because of all the boosted slowed music I played because they were on HU power. It didn't make my subwoofer any quieter either.

edit: wooops

Edited by wmrcs

E34 540iT/6

I meant low pass haha. Thats the peak frequency right?

You said something about turning up my ssf on the amp. Would this fix it? I can make a video if that would help.

is the amp actually shutting off when this happens?

No I played it full tilt the sub cut in and out but the power light never went out on the sub and the protect light never came on. The power light did dim quite heavily when it was cutting out though.

You said something about turning up my ssf on the amp. Would this fix it? I can make a video if that would help.

Yea I said that. I don't think it'd fix it but you can try. If I remember correctly, SSF's on those Crescendo amps are like a 3db slope or something so having it at about 25-26 hz is what I'd have it at. The reason I said you could turn it up is because woofers can unload playing way under tuning and maybe you have too much power going to it that far under tuning. Know what I'm saying?

E34 540iT/6