In short, a yes or no on my truck?

Long version, one of my dad's customers at the Ford dealership he works at had this nephew who had a truck really close to mine. Like a 94 or something. GMT400 RCLB, unlike mine which is a short bed. Well, the nephew bought this 4/6 drop kit for his truck 3 1/2 years ago. Notch, springs, spindles, the full works. Decided that he didn't like it, so he and his Uncle pulled it off around 3 years ago. The Uncle was a father figure for this kid, and the kid drowned last July. Truck has been sold, but he still has the drop kit complete with everything but the from notch(which I already have on my truck anyway). The guy is giving me the FULL kit just to get it out of his garage. So, I ask ya'll fellow SMDers, would a 4/6 look good on my truck? I already have a 2/4 I think.

IMG_1348.jpg

And another one while I'm at it, plastidip the wheels black? Been thinking about that too...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

if you ever have plans of going to big wheels. I wouldnt lower it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'll get it stuck under my truck after I get it and post pics. If I don't like it, I'll just take it off and put whatever is on there now back on.

I'm not a fan of anything much larger than 18's on these trucks... 20's at the most. Plastidipping these wheels and saving up for a set of old school looking Cragar's is what I've been thinking about. Some 15's or 17's at most.

3/5 would be safe. its not to low but still looks good

That costs money that I dont have lol. I like low, just not super low. 4/6 seems about the bottom line too low. If I don't like 4/6 then I'll put an add up for a trade for a 3/5 or sell it and buy a 3/5. Or trade for a 5.3 :)

I should have it about this time next week hopefully. I might get to drive the guy's big ass lifted 6 speed 7.3 powerstroke too! :D

Already is notched fairly healthy. A good 3 inches out of the stock frame. It's one of those cut and bolt/weld back in notches. Kid who had it before has had a ton of quality work done on it.

Archived