Is Any Equalizer Better Than None?

I have been looking on ebay at the pre-amp equalizers. I am currently running two amps off a factory HU.

From the Factory speaker outputs, I ran a high input into my mids/highs amp and a LOC into my subs amplifier. The sound is decent using the crossover on the amps, but i want to be able to tweek it a little more.

I have seen many equalizers with lots of features and special things. I think I am looking for a basic 7-12 band equalizer with or without a visual display. I have seen the legacy, lanzar, panasonic, ultra linear, etc. and they are in the price range I can spend. {30 shipped} I know these arent the best to buy and I SHOULD save up for the right product but this is all I am willing to invest for quite some time.

Basically, Is a lower end equalizer better than no Equalizer?

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

mids/highs-Insignia components

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

HU-Sony MEX-1HD (brings massive respect for sony)

fronts - Infinity Kappa perfect comps

rears- Infinity Kappa coax

mid/high amp - Autotek 5600

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

I have been looking on ebay at the pre-amp equalizers. I am currently running two amps off a factory HU.

From the Factory speaker outputs, I ran a high input into my mids/highs amp and a LOC into my subs amplifier. The sound is decent using the crossover on the amps, but i want to be able to tweek it a little more.

I have seen many equalizers with lots of features and special things. I think I am looking for a basic 7-12 band equalizer with or without a visual display. I have seen the legacy, lanzar, panasonic, ultra linear, etc. and they are in the price range I can spend. {30 shipped} I know these arent the best to buy and I SHOULD save up for the right product but this is all I am willing to invest for quite some time.

Basically, Is a lower end equalizer better than no Equalizer?

yes but it wont last long. i guarantee it. spend about 50 and get a tad better one

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

Persaonally I hate Equalizers. more componenets the more chances for noise. But to each is own. I heard the Rockford 360 is good. Steve has used it. you might want to look into that. of course I always say get rid of the stock head unit but, again thats me personally.

I could justify up to 60 on an EQ, but not much more since my whole setup is still under $500

And I like the factory HU because if you look in the window of the car it all looks stock, but only the HU is.

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

eq_overall.JPG

Thats a high quality EQ!

Holy Shyt that thing costs more than both my amps!

Current Setup:

Factory HU with LOC

Sub- E8 in bass tube

Amp- sae-1200d

Show Setup:

Subs - 2 RE SE 15's

Sub Amps - 2xSAE-1200D

Box - 5cubes sealed

Wire- Lots of Knu 1/0

SECOND SKIN

Archived