Jump to content

Loud & Low 8th Gen Civic - Time to say good bye to her.


Recommended Posts

Posted

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Posted

i am super pumped about how your going to do this 4th. i cant wait to see it

HU: Pioneer AVH x5800BHS SP Amp: AQ 120.4 Front SP: Hertz Hsk 165 Rear SP: DD cxs 6.5 SW Amp: Crescendo BC2000d SW 2 DC level 3 12" Electrical: Stock alt for now XS D2400 XS D3400 Knukonceptz Kolossus Second skin damplifier

On 8/8/2012 at 4:50 PM, Brandon15zzz said:

I heard he actually graduated college with a 4.0 gpa. Seems pretty gangster.

On 8/29/2012 at 12:25 AM, ILoveBass21 said:

he could blow a sub powering it with a potato.

Posted

I'm excited myself. Waiting for the design to get done! When that gets done, I'll figure out what size plexi I need for a baffle :peepwall: and then start building! Gotta have the box in before I can do anything else in the trunk!

So another update. I got out the cf vinyl last night, and started going at it on the tablet panel. Well it didn't work out so well! Everything is pretty easy on it. EXCEPT, where the HVAC controls are, it is a very hard raised area that the knobs rest on . Those are what caused it to fail. I could not get it to sit down on top, and then on the bottom is was just a night mare. SOOOOOOOOOOO, I'm once again exploring some custom ideas on moving those and putting the head unit in there since it appears that getting this dash out isn't going to happen.

Speaking of the dash, I'm going to have to take my car in to honda today or tomorrow. It's taking waaaaaaaaayyyyy too long to get my heater up to temperature. I've got it on full fan and full heat and it's taking up to 20 minutes to get it up to getting even warm let alone hot. I've tried letting it warm up before I get in it for a good 10 - 15 minutes, and even when driving it just doesn't. I got it warm this morning on my way to work out and then when I got to the parking lot, when it was finally starting to warm up, I parked and let it go, and it started getting cool again. So there's for sure something up! So before I do any customization with the controls I want to know for sure 100% that it's working correctly.

So more to come soon. Lots of stuff happening, just nothing I can take pictures of yet. Sorry!

Posted

Head unit will be here next friday as well!

Headunittracking.jpg

Ok so here's what's up! So I sat down and tried to do the CF Vinyl on the dash the other night and it just didn't work out. The parts that didn't work out are the parts where the HVAC knobs come through. They bottoms of those are just too steep of a curve to get it to lay down right and i got frustrated after I ripped it trying to get it to work. I could paint those black and then just cut the cfv around the bottom of them but it would look terrible in my opinion and I think we all know how that would go over with me.

Vinyl and the dash piece were sitting in the garage so both were cold. SO I sat them in front of the fire to warm them up a bit.

20121226_194123.jpg

Then went to work.

20121226_202101.jpg

20121226_203003.jpg

That's as far as I got with pics. I never took one of it on cause I never finished it. But while it was on, I did like the way it was looking. SO I'd like to be able to do it. But that got me to thinking about what I would do with the HVAC controls. I think we all agreed that it would look out of place under the dash right? This picture!

20121219_202015.jpg

I mean I don't mind that too much, but it will take a lot of custom work to get it in there properly. So I got to thinking about other things. But first I wanted to see what the internals looked like before I started planning. So I took her apart!

This is the front without the internals. Buttons stay in, and there's a bit of room between the buttons an the knob holes that it could be cut up I think if I wanted to go there.

20121226_211430.jpg

Back side

20121226_211443.jpg

Then the internals made my discovery worth while! The knobs are separate from the rest of the unit. They're connected by some ribbon cable, which really is just wires connecting the two bards. There's also more space between wires then there was with the head unit failure, so if I decided to extend them, it should go a lot smoother then that did.

20121226_211328.jpg

20121226_211310.jpg

20121226_211346.jpg

20121226_211405.jpg

So I got to thinking about it, and looking at the internals. The main board unfortunately is pretty close to the size of the whole thing. So there's not really any shortening that down. Just isn't going to happen. So I got to thinking about a few different places to put it whole, and apart.

This is my center console cubby that goes right in front of my shifter. in the picture above, the first one where I'm holding the HVAC controls up to the dash, you can see where it goes there sort of.

20121226_210551.jpg

I was thinking about putting it there, which is where I was going to put my buttons, vm's and temp gauge,

20121226_210454.jpg

but it's a tight fit, and even though it would fit in the cubby black part of the center console, I would have to cut the under frame out to make it fit as a whole. I wouldn't leave it up like it is, I'd flush mount it in there.

I could try to figure out where else to put the gauges and buttons, and separate the controls, put the buttons in the upper and knobs below it. That wouldn't be bad.

Then I came up with this. Remember the faceplate in the dome light!?!

20121207_215359.jpg

Well, I could put the buttons up there, and then the knobs somewhere else!

20121226_211641.jpg

Then I looked at it, and with some widening of the light unit, I could fit the whole thing up there. I only need to add about an inch to it.

20121226_211647.jpg

So that's where I'm at really. Another thought would be to go down in the center console pocket as I showed you, with the vm's and squeeze the temp gauge in there too somehow, and then do all the buttons up on the dome light area.

So I'm running through some ideas. I have to test how far I can lengthen hvac controls and if I'm going to have issues with that or not. I really would like to go to a wrecking yard and get a separate wire harness out of a wrecked unit so i can make a test harness to see without destroying anything else. I have a separate HVAC control unit as you can see, so that's not a problem, but I don't want to go cutting wires if I don't have to. I can't seem to find the connectors anywhere. So wrecking yard it may be.

So there will be some of that coming up this weekend.

Also I now have all the parts to finish the fan control units and I have also simplified it for installation as well. I'm hoping to get that together tonight and finished up. Will be nice to finish a project for once!

So that's it for now!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7835 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...