car spl sound in your house?

Truconcept

I like where this idea could go...but if you want a cheap fix, buy or design some bass headphones! Design meaning by putting 2 12" subs on a chair next to your ears or something.

'98 Chrysler Concorde LXi
Pioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)
Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for front
Rockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rear
Rockford Fosgate T600-4 running those
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a

Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"
in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)
Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)
stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top Optima
Installed everything myself & built box (brother helped)

Used a DD-1 to set gains.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/

Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images

Anything will get fairly loud if you sound proof tile the walls ceiling and floor. Add some bass traps and get an SA-8 in a 4th order in close proximity to the seating area...

Badda bing, you'll probably save a load of $$$ on gas doing it in the house too.

Bass race over web cam :boobs2:

looks like the input im looking for is coming in finally!

yes save on gas and risk of tickets

whats a bass trap?

my main concern is getting fresh air inside the sealed box/room i would build

complete sound proofing is a must since i have neighbors 10 feet away on both sides

this is why i can't just listen in my driveway

ideally this "sound box" would have complete surround sound inside with gut busting bass

i would put a tv in it for video games and movies when i want that special sound

this would not be an all the time thing, i prefer movies on the couch with whats her name

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

buy one of those eagle buildings and put outside your house, seal it up and have you a home theater / spl shed haha

nice u got what im saying but in my neighborhood everything would be stolen quick

**actin bad like a kid at six flags**

I'm so confused by what you are saying OP!!! Do you want the enclosure to be made out of a closet? Or are you saying you just want speakers in a room. And saying your room is closet size is dumb cuz I got a small ass closet in my apartment whereas my dad has a big ass closet in his house.

He's talking about building a small, sound proof room somewhere in his house and loading it full of subwoofers to acheive around 140db inside of it.

Why don't you just get a few 8 or 10 inch woofers and stick them in a nice t-line and power them with the electrical plug. Plenty of power. And it will be loud!

hahahahahaha

I found your amp, might wanna get two of them and enough coil to handle the 12,000 watts. Also gonna need a separate big-ass breaker for it.

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=245-411

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that you just need to have a separate breaker, and in-home wiring rated for the load.

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

forget that id use car amps on a converter

i saw posts about houses not being able 2 do 10k watts under fire code but....

my microwaves only 900 watts i could not run 10 of them at once?

Just so you know, I've done a lot of research on trying to run large 12v (car audio amps) on AC power (i.e. dc power supply, batteries, etc). It's just not feasible any way you look at it. It will be much cheaper and easier to just go buy a DJ amp or two, they make large subwoofer amps for reasonable prices. Check out partsexpress.com.

There just isn't a good, cheap way to get the current output when converting AC current to DC. Trust me, I've looked into basically every option, even looking outside the box (i.e. AC motor spinning DC alternator). You'll spend twice the money you would spend on a nice DJ subwoofer amp on JUST the power supply to run a car audio amp.

Archived