how to x-over this?

alaskanzx5

ok, so im gonna be using the pioneer 80prs running an active setup. ill be using the punch pro tweets x=over at about 3500-4000khz and up and the punch pro 6.5" x-over from about 100hz to 3k-3.5khz but from what others have said is that the punch pro mid doesn't play below 110hz very well.

so here is my idea, if i decided i wanted a better freq rang (not looking for sq but some sq would be nice) then i would get 2 p1 8 and wire them in with the 6.5 mid down to a 2ohm load on a t400.4 but would want it x-over from about 80hz to 400hz. is there a way to use a passive x-over that would filter out the freq above 400hz that i could wire in after the 6.5 mid to that only the 8" is affected by it? if so where would i be able to get such a x-over or does anyone know someone that could make one for me?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

run the 6.5 and 8 in parallel and put a bass blocker on the 6.5 + wire and a low pass xover on the 8 + wire look at parts express

here http://www.parts-exp...-crossovers/405

when i first saw your avatar i wanted to smash it. lol.

back on subject

wouldnt i be able to set the mid low pass to 80hz with an 18db slope and the mid high pass filter to 3500hz then wire the speakers in parallel and put a 300hz high pass x-over on the positive wire going from the 6.5 to the 8" and that filter out the the higher freq from going to the 8"?

this is the x-over i was looking at, http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=266-464

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I don't think you'll have any problems with those rockfords playing down to 80hz where you can high pass them.

I think the problem people run into is where they have not deadened the doors properly and experience midbass that is either lacking or muddied/colored.

If you deaden the doors and put some foam speaker treatment right behind the speaker, the foam will prevent the speaker's back wave from bouncing back at it, and you'll have good results with what ever speaker you run.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

I don't think you'll have any problems with those rockfords playing down to 80hz where you can high pass them.

I think the problem people run into is where they have not deadened the doors properly and experience midbass that is either lacking or muddied/colored.

If you deaden the doors and put some foam speaker treatment right behind the speaker, the foam will prevent the speaker's back wave from bouncing back at it, and you'll have good results with what ever speaker you run.

so you think as long as i protect the 6.5 from the back wave from bouncing back they will play down to 80hz better? im not worried about sq but just want to make sure i can get the full freq range covered. im gonna start with 2 punch pro tweets, 2 punch pro mids and 2 t2d415. using a t400.4 for the mids and tweets and a t1500.1bdcp for the subs. if im not happy with the freq range of the punch pro mids though i might be adding 2 p1 8" as a mid bass just to cover that lower mid bass range. they would most likely either go in the kicks or right behind the front seats. just wanting to figure out the easiest/best way to make sure they would be working the way i would need them to.

i like to figure everything out way in advance so that im not second geussing myself as i put it together.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

I'm looking to get a pair myself here after the first of the year to replace what i have now and feel they'll be fine playing down to 80hz, as long as your not playing them full range i think you'll be perfectly fine.

I have had problems with quite a few speakers playing full range with the power i run, and they always tend to fail after a few months of hard playing from either damaged surrounds tearing or triple joints giving out. Most speakers are not meant to run full range with 150w + for hours on end beating the hell out of them without expecting them to fail sooner or later, and for me it was always earlier than i wanted them to do so. Playing them down to 40hz is asking a lot from such small speakers not meant to handle that type of abuse, but hell i couldn't help myself and payed the price a few times doing so. lol

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

well, i guess i will see how it turns out after i get everything and get it all setup. im hoping i will be happy with the freq range becuase im already not gonna have much room in the car after putting in 2 6.5 mids, 2 pro tweets, 2 15s, 1 t1500.1bdcp, 1 t400.4, atleast 2 batts in the back, a rf 10farad cap, amp rack, box for batteries, around 6cuft box after all displacement that will also have about a 7" long port extension for daily tuning. even taken out the back seat to make room for it all. its gonna be a tight fit for everything, mostly because i still want to be able to lean my front seats back and have room to keep a decent set of tools with me and a cordless drill so that i can quickly take the port extension off. with the back seats out i will have about 45" of depth with the box and port extension taking up about 35" of that with 7" of that being the port extension and another 6" of that being room for the port to breath. only gives me a 39wx10dx20high for the amp rack with batteries hidden away.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived