Self balancing tires?

I read of some of the Jeep guys putting airsoft pellets in their tires so they are self-balancing. Just wondering if that might work for my Subaru? If it will, what do you guys think.. 2oz per tire?

I don't really trust the tire shops since the last time I took in my tires to get them balanced after painting, they manhandled them and actually caused the paint to come off. Plus wheel weights are ugly haha.

You referring to something like the dyna beads?

http://www.innovativebalancing.com/index.php

I've only installed them for a customer one time... although I thought it was a neat concept.

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

Yup that's exactly what I'm talking about

Is it as "Accurate" as getting my tires professionally balanced?

The theory behind it seems to be. I think all we had to do was place the bags in the wheels and put a special valve stem in there, then seat the tire bead and throw them on the balancer. I don't recall the customer ever making any complaints about them. Although, I have no other personal experience with them...

I just use stick-on wheel weights on the back of my rims (dynamic balancing), keeps the wheels looking clean and doesn't scratch the rim lip.

Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

SMD VM-1

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

146.9- Sealed on dash

Honestly, on the note of accuracy...

The theory is, that any inconsistencies within the inner wall of the tire will cause the beads to pool in place, thereby evening out the weight of the tire and balancing itself.

Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

SMD VM-1

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

146.9- Sealed on dash

It worked well enough for me on my old silver 2001 cherokee that was lifted on 33x12.50's, we used 4oz of airsoft pellets per tire. Was nice because doing it this way, I didnt have to worry about knocking a wheel weight off, or the tire shifting on the rim a bit when they were aired down to go 'wheeling. Ran 2 sets of tires that way for a total of about 3 years and 45k miles, never had an issue. Although on a street car, Id just use stick on wheel weights or only have the weights placed on the inside lip of rim.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO

It worked well enough for me on my old silver 2001 cherokee that was lifted on 33x12.50's, we used 4oz of airsoft pellets per tire. Was nice because doing it this way, I didnt have to worry about knocking a wheel weight off, or the tire shifting on the rim a bit when they were aired down to go 'wheeling. Ran 2 sets of tires that way for a total of about 3 years and 45k miles, never had an issue. Although on a street car, Id just use stick on wheel weights or only have the weights placed on the inside lip of rim.

on something like that i would def used them, the rideis not the same a normal car. ive seen them more in off road tires 33's and up where balancing will take a sht ton of lead weights

OP IMO if you take it to the right place they will balance them with out fckin up you wheels

if it was mine id balance them (like mentioned by mikelbolton) the dynamic way, clip on the back tape weight behind the spokes....thats the way i have my stock tires now.

if the shop messes up the paint you could hold them accountable for it. i have never had issues with any type of weight on a rim except that when the weight comes off you have to clean that area really good. during the summer im using 18" enkie rims with the stick on weights placed behind the spokes so that you cant see them. of course though my brother is the tire guy that does mine and takes the extra time to make sure all the counter weights are hidden the best he can.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

if the shop messes up the paint you could hold them accountable for it. i have never had issues with any type of weight on a rim except that when the weight comes off you have to clean that area really good. during the summer im using 18" enkie rims with the stick on weights placed behind the spokes so that you cant see them. of course though my brother is the tire guy that does mine and takes the extra time to make sure all the counter weights are hidden the best he can.

you can always do spoke balancing, thats how my 24s were...it balances it out by putting a certain amount a weight behind the spokes...you cants see them and its still balanced out

89aaac5d.jpg

0bbd4385.jpg

07015c2b.jpg

Archived