Windows 8 any thoughts?

It's fine on a touch screen. Kinda bad on a mouse, and sucks on a touch pad IMO

I dont know if you can still get the Free key for media center or not. I did get my free key and Media Center is working great.

try this link for free Media Center key--> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/feature-packs

Looks like I'm gonna have to get it this week and try out the uefi booting. Which probably means I'll end up dumping the gtx 680, and looking for a video card that's uefi compatible.

If you're feeling DOWN & OUT, it's time to get UP & IN

ok ive spent more time with it and the interface doesn't bother me nearly as much couple things. one if I hit enter while on the ie9 to move to a new line it will not space down. Like im typing this all in one line because it will not space down. Not sure what causes that but its fucking annoying. Two. brand new pc has updates that fail. Im now going one by one to find out whats cuasing it. yay for me. as if I don't get enough of that at work.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

you know what would be a cool add on for the PC. Since Windows 8 support some Xbox technology I wonder if you can use the Kinetc with Windows 8 for gesture or to move around windows 8 with out even touching the screen?

actually maybe it will happen -->http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2012/09/04/kinect-windows-getting-windows-8-support-october-8-coming-china/

There is a registry key and a setting on the pro version to re-enable the start menu, I'll have to find it. When its enabled it does cool shit like, multiple task bars on multiple monitors, hot keys for moving windows to other monitors, etc. We have a few thousand keys for it at work, but its not allowed on the domain yet until it gets through pen testing. I do have it setup on a touch screen, and it seems to work well. I havent tried WMC yet, which is the main thing I use windows machines for in the house.

**edit** It seems the registry key was disabled after the consumer preview, I'm sure its still there, I'll take a look.

If you dont want to pay the 5$ for stardock, I'm checking out this free open source one

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

Also seems to have more options.

ok ive spent more time with it and the interface doesn't bother me nearly as much couple things. one if I hit enter while on the ie9 to move to a new line it will not space down. Like im typing this all in one line because it will not space down. Not sure what causes that but its fucking annoying. Two. brand new pc has updates that fail. Im now going one by one to find out whats cuasing it. yay for me. as if I don't get enough of that at work.

The Metro version of IE?

I don't even bother with it.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

It should throw an error code, and I know it sounds stupid, but check the clock. If the time is wrong, the update will fail.

I was going to write this big post about how code writers today are sloppy and lazy. How we don't care that a I.M. program uses 32MB of ram and all it really does is send text messages and tell us we have a e-mail.

But, I am from a time of DOS 5.0 and memory management was actually important. Times have changed and I guess I haven't.

We now live in a time when the thing that you shouldn't even notice exists uses 1GB of ram (1,073,000,000 bytes +/-), and requires a 1ghz cpu.

Yes, the pretty colors are cool, and i don't mind clicking on a picture to run a program. But, really?

Archived