Tuning Frequencies..?

FeelDaBass

yes though t-lines do react differently then other boxes. the reason i did 24Hz on my box was because that was the fs of the sub i built it for. though i do have to say with how loud it is in the lows it does seem to lack some in the higher notes (80Hz range or so)

i'd do a tuning on a ported enclosure around 33 Hz or so depending on the sub

I've heard T-lines act differently but how so? My box for my 2 12s is a T-line.

pics? :D sorry i love t-lines. and also if you could fix a 1/4 wave length t-line for 2 12"s in that car in your avatar i'd be amazed lol and well they react differently in many ways. for one there isn't any back pressure or air to cushion the sub so it's way easier to bottom them out and ect. as far as it's acoustic abilities i've noticed at least mine can really move some air and pretty well for 1 12" on under 500 watts. and for the frequency curve it really comes in around about 40Hz i've noticed. and well i know that if it was a ported box at 24Hz it'd come in a lot lower then that. idk, im not a complete expert and i haven't been able to find a ton about frequency curves on t-lines. im just going off what i've noticed and hear from the ones i've built.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

yes though t-lines do react differently then other boxes. the reason i did 24Hz on my box was because that was the fs of the sub i built it for. though i do have to say with how loud it is in the lows it does seem to lack some in the higher notes (80Hz range or so)

pics? :D sorry i love t-lines. and also if you could fix a 1/4 wave length t-line for 2 12"s in that car in your avatar i'd be amazed lol and well they react differently in many ways. for one there isn't any back pressure or air to cushion the sub so it's way easier to bottom them out and ect. as far as it's acoustic abilities i've noticed at least mine can really move some air and pretty well for 1 12" on under 500 watts. and for the frequency curve it really comes in around about 40Hz i've noticed. and well i know that if it was a ported box at 24Hz it'd come in a lot lower then that. idk, im not a complete expert and i haven't been able to find a ton about frequency curves on t-lines. im just going off what i've noticed and hear from the ones i've built.

Sorry, I should've looked what a T-line box really was. Mine was just the basic slot port in the middle, my apologies. That would be an awesome build for the future though. I don't suppose you would have a link to design a basic one or anything, would you? My trunk is HUGE though and as much as I've been dreading it, I kinda wanna just fill the entire thing with a box (hopefully never need my spare tire then...lol) but either that or just start a wall or work my way up to it. Hopefully have a different car somewhere in the future so I can have back seats and a wall, but for now..

'98 Chrysler Concorde LXi
Pioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)
Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for front
Rockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rear
Rockford Fosgate T600-4 running those
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a

Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"
in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)
Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)
stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top Optima
Installed everything myself & built box (brother helped)

Used a DD-1 to set gains.

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/

Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images

Sorry, I should've looked what a T-line box really was. Mine was just the basic slot port in the middle, my apologies. That would be an awesome build for the future though. I don't suppose you would have a link to design a basic one or anything, would you? My trunk is HUGE though and as much as I've been dreading it, I kinda wanna just fill the entire thing with a box (hopefully never need my spare tire then...lol) but either that or just start a wall or work my way up to it. Hopefully have a different car somewhere in the future so I can have back seats and a wall, but for now..

lol it's fine. and here's a great place to get started in learning about designing a t-line and what not

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/1828-quarter-wave-t-line-tutorial-updated/

and if you can fit it and the sub seems a good fit for a t-line i say do it! they are awesome boxes but they are HUGE. mine for my 1 12" takes up the whole ext cab part in my ranger. but mine is also big cause it's tuned to 24Hz and you'll see why in the tutorial.

"i want more" -every bass head

i say work up to sealing off the trunk cause then you don't get so unsatisfied so quick haha

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

I did a quick calculation and I could make a box with an external volume of 14.75 ft3 that would fit in my trunk. That's without cutting anything in the car and without cutting around objects in the car except a 4" dip towards the cabin.

Thanks again for the info and help!

Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/

Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images

with a slot port you want around 14" of port per cuft of box, just try to keep it between 12"-16 per cuft of box volume. for tuning a higher tuning around 40hz will be louder on a meter but a tuning closer to 33-35 hz will be better for music. the box needs to be right around 2.5-3 cuft per 15, on the smaller side if overpowering and on the bigger side if under powering. the t0 doesn't have as good of a heat sink or whatever you want to call it so don't over power to much, it can handle the same power as the t1 series but not for as long becuase of heat is what ive been told.

"slot port you want around 14" of port per cuft of box"

How do you know how much port he needs if you don't know how much power he has,what woofers he uses, what tuning he wants to have.

"closer to 33-35 hz will be better for music"

Why, what music does he listen to?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

with a slot port you want around 14" of port per cuft of box, just try to keep it between 12"-16 per cuft of box volume. for tuning a higher tuning around 40hz will be louder on a meter but a tuning closer to 33-35 hz will be better for music. the box needs to be right around 2.5-3 cuft per 15, on the smaller side if overpowering and on the bigger side if under powering. the t0 doesn't have as good of a heat sink or whatever you want to call it so don't over power to much, it can handle the same power as the t1 series but not for as long becuase of heat is what ive been told.

"slot port you want around 14" of port per cuft of box"

How do you know how much port he needs if you don't know how much power he has,what woofers he uses, what tuning he wants to have.

"closer to 33-35 hz will be better for music"

Why, what music does he listen to?

I Don't want to put words in his mouth, but I stated I mainly listen to dubstep and rap with a little rock and I'm guessing that's a good tuning for rap, etc.?

Did you have any advice to go along with or against that?

I'm running a T1500-1bdCP @ 4 ohms with the 12s and at 8 ohms with the single 15". (for now)

Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)

I'd love to know how you wired a Rockford T0 to 8 ohms.

It's a dual 4 ohm sub, just put the "switch" on 8 ohms? (in series) It sits at about 6.8 ohms in resting state though.

Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)

Archived