A REAL Kings of Cali show for 2013

total mayhem

Andy, we ain't trying to pay a "promoter". The money will cover prizes and give whatever shop holds this show a nice kick back. I am done lining the pockets of people who own a title or an organization.

No need to be a negative nancy or a debbie downer about the show stang, A show with an entry of $75( a tentative figure) is going to require trophies that are rather large and pretty expensive, wouldn't you agree?

The fact you run your mouth like that to simply assume promoters and organizations line their pockets without working hard is somewhat amusing. The first KOC that was a 3x took countless hours to plan and put together in addition to many people making it happen (Freeland, Jeffrey, Doug, David, myself, others & competitors) with that said it would have been more profitable for everyone to do their normal jobs but what fun would have that been.

Anyways, Kings of Cali 2013!!!

I dunno about other shops but i dont think we would EVER require a kickback for someone to promote the pastime that fuels our business as a whole. I can speak for everyone at A.I. that we would never ask for ANY kickback whatsoever for a show no matter how many competitors.

Kinda doesnt make sense that ANY shop would expect it...No shops dont make really anything off competitors whatsoever, but just the sheer fact that these are the people whom are out there getting other potential people involved in the Audio Pastime (yes i use pastime because its not a sport whatsoever) that fuels the whole industry.

I'm with James on this one.

It's one thing to host an event to better this hobby, but as soon as you say someone is going to get something here or there, and pretty soon everyone has a hand out wanting some too.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Fuck trophies and fuck kickbacks if this is about cash pots...we all have WAY too many trophies as is that get thrown in our closets never to be looked at again, its a waste of the promoters money. I would rather get money then a trophy.....with that said, I wish A.I had a bigger venue because that is a central location and a location known for supporting the hobby, and as James said, they wouldnt want anything anyways, except for the chance to kick someones ass in the lanes perhaps

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived