WadeTustian Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 so it snowed last night, theres about 3-4 inches nothing major but when i was driving him at about 10 30 it was black ice everywhere so i could only imagion whats under the snow, well im not going to school because theres probably another 2 inches way up there and i called in to work and they pretty much said we all had to get here u should take the bus, well the bus stop is like a km away on the side of a highway and ive just about been hit in daylight and sun walking along there let alone in the snow where people are all over the place and the news is just covered with accidents all over. i said ok ill try to make it in, but thinking about it, its going to snow worse later and i dont get off work til 10, my cars lowered, just started driving a manual and never drove any car in the snow before, i dont have collision on my car, and there giving me shit for not wanting to come in? 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Pioneer 80-prsB2 Zero.7 2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconedFocal P165-v15Audison voce quattro fully activeOnly gonna get louder 146.1 at 38hz 138.x at 24hzBuild log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/
Skullz Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 Better to play it safe than to risk it and lose your car or even worse. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Chris Hammer Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 If other people make it in..you can make it in. 3-5in of snow isnt shit especially if there are plows.... its called responsibility and having a job...if you get stuck there at 10 when you get off then you get stuck at 10 after your shift...make a co-worker take you home. snow isn't the end of the world...sounds like your making excuses to browse SMD and play xbox to me....(just poking fun here dont take it serious) or take the bus.... 1km isn't that far.... If your coworkers come in Im sure you can..someone will be there after you at 10pm... I worked at Staters and used to get pissed when people didnt come in because of the weather...I would get stuck picking up the slack and people that lived 5min away wouldn't come because they don't like driving in it.... MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
WadeTustian Posted December 18, 2012 Author Report Posted December 18, 2012 If other people make it in..you can make it in. 3-5in of snow isnt shit especially if there are plows.... its called responsibility and having a job...if you get stuck there at 10 when you get off then you get stuck at 10 after your shift...make a co-worker take you home. snow isn't the end of the world...sounds like your making excuses to browse SMD and play xbox to me.... but there isnt plows, roads are a mess, i dont have collision on my car 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Pioneer 80-prsB2 Zero.7 2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconedFocal P165-v15Audison voce quattro fully activeOnly gonna get louder 146.1 at 38hz 138.x at 24hzBuild log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/
Chris Hammer Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 If other people make it in..you can make it in. 3-5in of snow isnt shit especially if there are plows.... its called responsibility and having a job...if you get stuck there at 10 when you get off then you get stuck at 10 after your shift...make a co-worker take you home. snow isn't the end of the world...sounds like your making excuses to browse SMD and play xbox to me.... but there isnt plows, roads are a mess, i dont have collision on my car Its front wheel drive right? I say you will be fine....other people can make it there and I would bet some have rear wheel drive trucks/cars which are much worse IMO.. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Chris Hammer Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 But hey Im just an asshole....it would really suck to lose your job over some weather....but if you don't think they would terminate you then screw it don't go...don't stress about it...but i there is a chance then I would go. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
One Way Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 Go early and take the footmobile T-line build- http://www.stevemead...e-t-line-build/
Chris Hammer Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 I guess I just have a different state of mind than some.... but my last job if I called in about the weather my manager would say "That's what chains are for...see you 6am" and you bet your ass I would be jobless if I didn't show. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
WadeTustian Posted December 18, 2012 Author Report Posted December 18, 2012 I guess I just have a different state of mind than some.... but my last job if I called in about the weather my manager would say "That's what chains are for...see you 6am" and you bet your ass I would be jobless if I didn't show. i want to go and stuff i need the money, but just pisses me off how they get so pissed at me for saying im going to be late cause of the snow and shit, then people call in sick 2 consecutive days on the busiest weekend of the year, last weekend and they dont even care? and the fact that there not sick, there hungover 2007 Mazda 3 Sedan Pioneer 80-prsB2 Zero.7 2 15s 4inch coil psi recones temp til my subs are reconedFocal P165-v15Audison voce quattro fully activeOnly gonna get louder 146.1 at 38hz 138.x at 24hzBuild log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191444-mazda-3-sedan-sql-build-audisonfocalb2aa/
mbdblue Posted December 18, 2012 Report Posted December 18, 2012 Take the physical challenge. Id always make it a game to try and get there. Leave with plenty of time, you gotta learn how to drive in the snow some time man. Be careful, and go slow AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.