CPU/GPU running very hot on BF3

Overclocking an ivy bridge CPU on a laptop would probably be the worst decision of your life, I'd start with buying a better laptop stand with a few 120mm fans

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Being somewhat of an IT guy my guess would be that the Laptop is not really quite made for this level of gaming, plus OC'ing it will of course cause the heat to rise because your asking the CPU and GPU to work harder then its ment for, especially for a demanding game like BF3, It is a fine Graphics card for sure but i think in this case its being pushed a little too hard, my advice is dial it back a bit and buy a system more suited to todays level of games, just my 2 cents, the choice is yours though

My current baby: '00 Lexus IS200,

Preparing my sound at the moment...

mods to come...

[sTILL NEED TO SETTLE DOWN BEFORE I BUY MY NEW CAR -

'01 Subary Impreza WRX]

EX: '01 Jetta MKIV 1.9TDI,

63mm decat F/F, BMC Filter,

UNITRONIC remap [sOLD]

A laptop from 2000 can play BF3 and not overheat. The game would push everything to 100%. But the machines are stress-tested before they're shipped out by running at 100%, so it doesn't matter what laptop it is. Overclocking laptops is just a no-no.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I am completely anti laptop for gaming to be honest. I just dont feel its possible to get the cooling you need out of one.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm not really trying to OC it, it's all factory-default overclock settings, how the computer was designed...

I am completely anti laptop for gaming to be honest. I just dont feel its possible to get the cooling you need out of one.

I'd love to have a desktop, but unfortunately I need a laptop for portability...

POTATO!

I just picked up an i5 8GB RAM desktop for 400 bucks. throw in a video card and it would be a respectable gaming rig. There is just too much heat generated from gaming to stuff in a laptop for my taste. Have you looked into one of those cooler pads?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

I just picked up an i5 8GB RAM desktop for 400 bucks. throw in a video card and it would be a respectable gaming rig. There is just too much heat generated from gaming to stuff in a laptop for my taste. Have you looked into one of those cooler pads?

Yeah, I'm going to pick one up tonight. I did finally find out why my FPS keeps dropping...I went to window mode and monitored CPU-Z...usually the computer either sits at 2.8GHz or 3.0GHz (without turbo boost, just sitting around), and in the middle of a game, the core clock will immediately drop to 800MHz for a few seconds...this is really starting to bug me...I can't figure out how to disable it either...

POTATO!

thats really your only option. and still have it be a laptop. You can tear it apart and rig shit up or stick more fans on and move more air. It sucks but you gotta work with what you got.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

thats really your only option. and still have it be a laptop. You can tear it apart and rig shit up or stick more fans on and move more air. It sucks but you gotta work with what you got.

I'm going to get a cooling pad, I had one before but it broke.

As for my constant FPS drop issue, it looks like I can install an unlocked BIOS and disable the Speedstep feature...just don't want to risk bricking my laptop...

POTATO!

my guess is the over clocking software . try turning it off as i bet it only nets you a couple fps anyways

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

Archived