On or off axis

Blue

I'm going to get a pair of Hertz 165xl speakers here in the next few months. I going to go 3 way active with the help of a pair of HL70 mids also. Here is the thing, since I'm going to be glassing the mids in the kicks and the 3 and tweet into dash pods is it better to go on axis with the drivers or is off axis work also. They will be processed by a RF 360.3. I know the speakers were designed to help with off axis listening, so is it alright to go off axis or should I go on axis.

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Trial and error ... Test and retest ...

I suggest testing mids and tweets separately ... Every application is different ...

My tweeters and my midrange drivers will not be aiming in the same direction ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

my tweets are on axis midrange and midbass are all off axis. This is 3 way Mille set in my Jetta active on Audison amps

CRX we have On Axis Tweeter On Axis midrange and off axis midbass this is HSK 165XL tweet and midbass with HL70 3" on a bitone though digital output of iPad.

I don't remember how the crx sounded. I should make a trip up there one of these days and have a listen to it. Like I said I do have a 360.3 already so that is going to stay and will have enough processing than I can dream of. How do the mids sound off axis?

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

mids sound great off axis, its all abut a properly treated door though. the lowest line hertz in my car have alot of midbass but in other cars sound like donkey at times. Now that im looking at them the mids in the CRX are kind of on axis as well.

also the jetta and CRX are here everyday if you would like to come by and get ideas.

Ok. Yea I got to plan on a day trip up there since y'all are 4 hours away. My mids would be in the kicks since the factory mid location sucks in my body style jetta and fires at your hip

this sux camel dicks

sadly i think im one of the only peeps here that when i look at a prospective new car im already thinking about my audios lmao.e46 bmw is pretty high on my list of next cars. That times getting closer and closer and i cannot wait lol.

I actually looked at my doors and the size of the trunk and thought this is great I can run a 3 way system with 2 15's in here no problem. I never really thought about the mids firing into my hip though. Oh well, time to get custom. I would do what Bing does in this body style jetta/golf/rabbit/gti but I really don't want to cut into the door panel at all. So make a mold of my kick panels and do some fancy kicks for the mids.

this sux camel dicks

Archived