Electrical Help Needed ASAP

I just installed a new Hifonics BRE2000.1 today and after about 20 min it becomes inaudible, and low. Here is my set up. I have big 3 done with 1/0. I have standard battery up front, with run of 1/0 to a Stinger SPV-70 in rear. I have a stock altenator running 130amps. I have a Diamond D6 700.4 also running off the distrbution block. The Diamond continues to run superb, the new monoblock is powering 2 type r's at 1ohm. The amp powered up perfectly today and ran beautiful for about 4 songs then started cutting out. Now I have a 200 amp ho altenator arriving tomorrow. Am I good to say that the Hifonics amp is okay and that my altenator is not keeping up with it amp draw from batteries???? Will my new ho altenator solve this issue? I previously ran a Diamond D1000.1, and Memphis MC500.1 off same set up. But I have been reading that the Hifonics amps draw alot of energy. Please anyone help me here. My gain is set just above half on amp, bass boost is below half to break in subs. I am not pushing amp nor subs because both are new.

200amp HO

Big 3

Diamond Audio S500s (front)

Diamond Audio M65.1a (rear)

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kicker, Stinger, Knu 0 gauge, 4 gauge

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

How did you set gains? What voltage are you dropping to? Are you sure you are at 1 ohm? Pull out a DMM and check. Double checked all grounds and connections? - This means go out there with a wrench and check. Don't assume they are tight now because they were tight before

First of all, the bass boost should NOT be used. Do you know what your voltage is dropping too? Also make sure your grounds are good, clean grounds. Another thing is that your gain isn't set right if you didn't use an o-scope or dd-1.

Loose connections? I would assume that, even if your low on voltage that doesn't mean it was cut out, if it does that it normally will just turn off from such a low voltage. Are all your RCA's in properly, and all ground and positive connections nice and tight.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm