Update Kicker Gave Me A New 08 Way Better Than 06

Is it normal, I have the zx750.1 which fits the specs almost perfectly. its a brand new sub and the enclosure is new custom built vented, but recently the sub really smell bad in my car, is it because the sub is breaking in?

Thanks

Edited by korndog2003
Siggy.png

sometimes the Voice coil has excessive glue on it and it burns it off and thats the smell you smell.

but also that smell can be a signal the sub is heading towards the toilet, My old L7's use to stink yo high heaven when I got on them hard, but they never did Die on me.

if your smelling them I would turn it down a few notches so they can cool down.

Ill recheck the wiring, Im going the check the gain levels. I pretty sure it is wired right its not running in reverse. but i do run it kinda hard, the trunk on my caddy flexes and the trunk rattles like a beast, i always have the bass turned up.

Could it also be because it isn't broken in?

Siggy.png

i had something that smelt bad from what i thoguht was my sub. it turns out the wiring had a bad connection. the slide connector that connected to the speaker terminal's "tab" had a terrible connection, causing a ton of resistence and it always smelt like a heating up smell

Baylor University

Accounting