Jigsaw recommendation

Hey gang,

In the market for a new jigsaw and had a few questions (Mainly corded vs cordless). I'm starting to become invested in the line of dewalt 18v cordless tools, so I naturally started looking at the dewalt dc330b. I'm no contractor, merely a hobbyist who will use this once a month, if that. Is it silly to get a cordless jigsaw when I'll hardly use it? The reason it caught my eye is that I already own the batteries, it seems like a pretty nice saw, and it's actually cheaper than their comparable corded saw. Should I go with the cordless saw or just invest a little more cash for the corded that may hold up better over the haul? Any opinions appreciated. Also, if there's another type saw you'd like to recommend, please do.

Thanks guys!

If you aren't going to use the saw very much then you might want to look at cheaper brands. I personally hate spending a lot of money on a tool and then not using it very much.

If you really like Dewalt then I would get the cordless one I hate cords getting in the way when I use ye olde black and decker.

Oh and make sure you have one or two Dewalt XRP batteries to use with that.

Bosch hands down

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

Porter Cable Hands down, Bosch and Makita would be my 2nd choice ties

Corded for sure. Especially if you may find yourself cutting other materials with it besides wood, or even a hardwood, plexiglass, etc for who knows what ever audio project, or project around the home.

18volt lithium Ion or not, your going to hate a battery powered saw of anysort (circular saw, jig saw, sawzall), just with the lesser RPM and HP alone on a battery operated unit, its going to take cuts longer.

Also DeWalt tools suck, they are not what they use to be 5-10 years ago.

Archived