Tutorial: Seafoaming Your Car

logically thinking i dont see how that would have anything to do with the crap that blows onto the sensor. it still gets on it while your reving and blowing all that crap out of it, as its located right there in the exhaust primaries in most hondas.

yeah my o2 sensor is right on the header i really doubt itll do anything to it its not like chunks come outs if any crap does come out itll be a fine mist once it reaches the sensor so the only thing i could see happening is the o2 sensor getting clogged maybe? i kinda doubt itll do anything to it i wouldnt be too worried about it. but i wouldnt gun the engine like in all those videos you see of seafoaming just let it idle out and take it for a quick spin normal driving not aggressively. in all those videos you see of seafoaming they gun the engine cause thats the only way to get a ton of smoke to come out. just drive it around the block normally and you wont risk damaging anything like the people on youtube. i really wouldnt worry about it ill check my o2 sensor when i get home but i dont think anything will be wrong with it

Im gonna try it in the oil of my work truck, I checked the oil in it today it was pretty dirty, Im due for my 5k oil change so Im gonna try the 1/3part in the oil and see how it works, we just had the fuel injectors cleaned so Im not doing the gas tank part or the tb part.

I've been instructed by quite a few people, easiest and best way is the vacuum line on your brake booster. Its the biggest. Hold your throttle between 2-3k rpm and dont let it sit and don't let it die. Keep it running until all that white smoke is done. And it's okay to use the entire bottle this way.

2006 mustang. 20's, lowered, tint, exhaust. put its still an NA v6... for now..1 500/1, 2 300/4's, 1 tc1000 12", cdt es-06+, es-02 tweets...indash/proccessor is on its way.

I've been instructed by quite a few people, easiest and best way is the vacuum line on your brake booster. Its the biggest. Hold your throttle between 2-3k rpm and dont let it sit and don't let it die. Keep it running until all that white smoke is done. And it's okay to use the entire bottle this way.

you need to let it sit for a little bit though so it has some time to work then you just run the car till that white smoke is done. i threw away the bottle so i cant check but ive heard from various people that TOO MUCH is bad only use a little bit i wouldnt use the whole bottle in one location at one time. maybe use thirds of it in intervals over a period of time but all at once i dunno thats up to you i guess if you want to do it.

Too much is too fast is bad because you can hydrolock your engine. There are many different tutorials on seafoaming because it cleans different parts of the engine system. Pouring it in the gas cleans the fuel rail, lines, and injectors. Pouring in the oil cleans and head and valves. And pouring in the TB or vacuum lines cleans the TB, Intake Manifold and all the vacuum lines. So spliting it up gives you an all around cleaning while concentrating on one area is more detailed.

*Edit* Your O2 sensor should be fine as long as you don't gun the engine. Let it idle for a min like Amalan said then rev it going no higher than 1k-2k.

Mark

99 Eclipse Spyder

how did you see the sensor itself as it has a metal shield on it that only allows air in through the small holes in it?

good point i didnt see the sensor itself i guess just making sure those small holes werent clogged. it seems like the sensor is working though cause it doesnt smell like its running rich and my exhaust looks normal not completely black.

Archived