Sundown Audio

real world testing on Crescendo amps bc2000d-bc3500d-bc5500d

mecaman86

I clamped 2k out of my 3500 rising to 1.2 @ 11.5volts

WTF???? Not right bro... Just not right... Lmao

On 2/27/2013 at 9:21 AM, Swordlordboy1234 said:

Who needs electrical! It's a bc3500... They make power out of hopes and dreams of children

1990 Oldsmobile  Cuttlas Cruiser- New build coming soon!!B47FCE3C-8667-408C-8884-8393C4DAE824-1875-000002C58366462A.jpg

I haven't clamped my 2ks but they put out a ton of power for sure. Honestly there is no need to hesitate, best amps I have ever used without question.

Then how do you know that they put out: 'a ton of power' ?

You wouldn't hear the difference between 4kw and 4.8kw(if they could actually produce that kind of power.).

Mecaman, why do you need clamp numbers?

Are you using them for SPL purposes? If not, it doesn't matter.

well for one, if you have been around car audio, you cant tell slightly when there is a difference if you notice what is going on. My voltage drop is more than with my other 2ks i was using, and even with the extra voltage drop, i am getting more xmax on the same notes, it is louder to ear, and louder on the meter (so yes, i do notice the differences you clown) and EVERYTHING SYSTEM WISE IS THE SAME. Why pick my post apart, try and contribute.

I just picked the post because you said 'they put out a ton of power' . (and because it sounded very fanboyish.)

You simply won't hear a difference between 4kw and 4.8kw, that's only .8db difference.

Just because you claim to hear a difference between different amps doesn't mean he will hear a difference between a amp that does 2kw rms or 2.4kw rms.

And just because you say that everything system wise is actually the same, i'm pretty sure the way you set up the amp isn't the same which explains a lot of things.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

• 9 months later...

I'm glad this post was dug up cause I'm close to being able to buy my amp I been saving for awhile and I have done SO much research on here on alot of amps I was thinking the SQ1200 or the Rockford R1200.1d cause there both $250-$270 but someone on here said it was a big difference between the SQ1200.1 and the crescendo BC2000.1 then I think my best bet is to just save up a lil longer for the Nendo, that is if I can't get the last of the cash up in time to get the DC 2k on the pre order sale! I got a L7 15" dual 4ohm for now but I'm saving up for a DC lvl 4 with XL upgrade 18" that's why I gotta shop smart cause it is a budget build after all! Sorry to ramble. Thanks for grave diggin this post! Lol

• 1 month later...

Archived