Sonic Electronix

Hi there, this is my first post and after going through the "Tint" section of these forums and realizing how useful it was, I was hoping somebody could fill us all in on sound ordinance laws per state as well. I currently live in Florida and supposedly Florida just passed a law saying that there is no sound ordinance, meaning you can turn up the music as loud as you want and not get in trouble for it. I would like to know the real laws and sound ordinances for other states as well. Thanks

#Bass

While it is true for the state of FL, the cities and towns inside the state of FL can still enforce their own local laws.

People on this site have reported being ticketed for sound ordinance even after the new law had passed.

As for other states, there are similar ordinances, and many other variances of them.

IMO just don't be inappopriate when it comes to where/when you bump and I don't think you will have an issue

Yea, just be considerate overall. If you were sleeping at 2am, would you like someone riding up and down the street bumping there music waking you up. common courtesy. Here in Houston, tx I'm not sure what the noise laws are.

2000 FORD EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER

current system

(1) Pioneer DEH P8300UB

(2) Massive audio nx4 mids and highs amps

(2) Soundstream sst-654N

(2) Soundstream sm-654N

(4) Soundstream sme-574P

(4) Massive audio ct1-a aluminum dome tweeters

(4) soundstream sst-05 bullet tweeters

(2) Soundstream x3.182 subs

(1) Cactus Sounds k5

XS power batts

Mechman alt

In Michigan it varies by city and towns. I know in my home town their is a loud stereo law that if it can be heard at all outside vechie from 50 ft away you get a ticket. But it's mainly a late night ticket to have an excuse to pull people over. I bump there in the day with no issues. Just use your heAd a s ask yourself if it is a good time to bump.

Most places in Michigan don't have a noise ordinance except within some cities

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

I actually asked a cop about it the other day as I was pulling out of a parking lot. I wasn't paying attention to the fact that I was sitting still (usually turn the knob all the way down when idle) and he was telling me to turn it down when I looked up. So I apologized and asked him about the new laws and if it was legal to do so now and he said yeah just have some common sense and don't do it when you're sitting still haha. I don't think anybody'll have a problem with it as long as you're not doing it to be annoying. I'm in the Tampa USF area btw

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

I still have a noise ordinance ticket from 10 years ago that is unpaid. It was $275, lol. It was a non moving violation so it went in the no pay pile.

Haha I got a 90$ one from a few months ago that's still sitting in my car. I'll get to it one of these days. I'll beat it but it doesn't matter

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Archived