Second Skin Audio

3 SA8 v.2's in an 85' Vette...

SGT_76

Hello all. Im new to the car audio/bass world. I've always enjoyed bass just never built or purchased a system before...till now. My goal is a modest sytem that sounds good daily, but can pound low when i feel like it. Given this is my first attempt at building/designing a system, and it's a learning curve to say the least lol, I welcome any and all input!

Here it goes...

- (3) SA8 v.2 D2 @ 1.33ohm.

- (2) SA NeoPro 6.5 in stock rear location.

- (1) SA 6.5 Comp. Set in the doors

- Hifonics Brutus BRZ-2400.1D.

- Hifonics Zeus ZRX-600.4. I know the wattage isn't "ideal" but i thought it was the best compromise to run all 4 channels off only 1

amp.???

- Going to replace the starting battery with an XS Power D3400. Really hoping i can stay away from having to add a 2nd battery if at all

possible.???

- 220amp Alt. upgrade. 110 @ idle and full 220 @ 1200 rpm's.

Well i had no idea where to start on the box. Well after much reading here, and countless web searches, I downloaded Torres calculator and Sketchup. Below is the best I have come up with so far. With that being said, I'm just beginning to learn so I'm not sure if I'm on the right track, way out in left field, or right on the money? So what's the verdict? Thanks for looking.

sa8v23braced_zps924ab9dc-1_zpsb0422d1e.jpgsa8box_zps598b6119.jpgbox5_zps1b4df892.jpgbox3_zps741b1e20.jpgbox4_zpsd7e2e1cd.jpg

Yourve draw a double baffle on the top but haven't ticked the box(unless you box is 3/4" taller then Torres say)

Try to get port volume up to 28-30sq"

And drop the net volume down to 1.8cuft

If you want killer lows you can drop the hz lower

If you box is 12.75 h with d/baffle the port need to be 10.5x2.75" and length is what ever hz you want

By the time you increase the port and get hz back down the net should be spot on

I'll have to double check when i get home but if i remember correctly, i made the port height 10.5" because at 9.75" it made the length end at or close to the left wall (as ur looking at the above pic). I'll double check though. Thx.

Archived