Second Skin Audio

Outside Mounted Ports

mbdblue

I was looking at a couple builds on here and saw ports outside the boxes. Is there a particular reason for this? Like if there isnt enough room inside the box? or to swap them out for competition?

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I was looking at a couple builds on here and saw ports outside the boxes. Is there a particular reason for this? Like if there isnt enough room inside the box? or to swap them out for competition?

I have a few buddies that did theirs outside because of room restrictions. They wouldnt get proper cu.ft. or the port had to be longer then the box they built. As for other reasons, I guess tweaking, moving the ports in and out more to see where they get the most benfit from the positiong.

Kenwood kdc-x993

Autotek MM100.4

Fosgate power 6.5" components

Time for something new

in a crx we can get the woofer way forward and have the vent firing right off the back wall.

Very common.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

in a crx we can get the woofer way forward and have the vent firing right off the back wall.

Very common.

yep...i noticed that this past year at dbdrag WF...it looked like all of the crx's had pretty much the same setup...subs forward in a tiny box with one or two 4" aeros external firing back....the box was tilted downward a bit as to where the sub kinda fires into the floor a bit which angles the ports up a bit and kinda fires them off the back glass...

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived