alternator help choice price GM 3.8

Singer> tenny imo.. as you probably noticed by now theres a chain you got dc an mech at the top and most $$ singer whos been in it for a while and is starting to get up there so getting little cheaper and tenny at the cheapest. Keep in mind with most of the alternator companies excluding dc an mech all theyre doing is rebuilding the same gm case. When you can buy the parts to make it a H/O for 100-200 depending what model of gm you have.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Personally, I run Tenney alternators in both my cars. Brent is a great guy to work with. Excellent work. Lifetime warranty. Pick your color. And for me... he's local. Alternator for my Camaro puts out 160a at idle, 240a at 1700 RPM. $300 and he brought it by my shop in 2 days. :woot:

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I run Tenney alternators in both my cars. Brent is a great guy to work with. Excellent work. Lifetime warranty. Pick your color. And for me... he's local. Alternator for my Camaro puts out 160a at idle, 240a at 1700 RPM. $300 and he brought it by my shop in 2 days. woot.gif

so that tenney alternator seem like it a decent alternator

think about why DC power alts costs more.

more abuse testing. more modifications. more custom fabrication work.

cheap alts are made with savings in mind. aka not the best materials.

edit: iirc dc power at one time bought a quarter million dollar machine to JUST temperature stress alts.

I got an excessive amperage alt for my car which is also a 3.8. The guy answered all my questions and its been doing nicely for the last 3-4 mo. or so. It's does more than rated and isn't or wasn't thhhat crazy on the wallet either.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

• 1 year later...

Archived