DC Sound Lab

4 DC LEVEL 6 18'S IN A 01 IMPALA

Lol... To those with only the shit coming out of their mouths about the build I thank you so greatly.. Fuel for this fire.... ILL MAKE SURE I POST THE PICS OF THIS BUILD.... Stay tuned!

Yeah you lurked and never commented on anything. Any info on how you plan to build this? Surely not in the trunk right?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

So it seems very troll-like to give no REAL input or ideas of what you're attempting. Of course everyone is going to speculate on the "build" plans. We see a thread like this once a week. With someone that only has 5 or 6 posts on the forum, it's pretty easy to believe that there's no real build planned.

*Edit- You lead us to believe this is going in a trunk car with subs facing up at the deck lid. You also suggest a port firing into the cabin. I know if NO trunk that would allow such a setup. Good luck with your build.

Edited by CleanSierra

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Going thru a few different sub enclosures. I think I came up with the design that will allow to run 4 of the level 6 18's... The enclosure will have the sub firing upward... Which worries me a lil cause of the room I have between the sub and trunk lid. Running my port on the side of the box facing inside the car... Now the enclosure will cut like .8 cft3 off each sub... This is just a thought still in process... Critic and criticize..but im not tryin to hear bs responses

how did everyone miss this, he said ported here but then later said sealed... picked the wrong place to fail and ask for no bs...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Ok lets start with the power you will need for 4 Level 6s. MINIMUM 2 10ks. Now to properly run 2 10ks, you are going to need somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 d3100s unless you can fit 3 alts on your car. Where are the amps and batteries going to go? I would be more than happy to help you out if you are seriously trying to pull this off, but I just really can see how it would physically work.

I am not bashing, I just dont think you know what you are getting into. You are talking about a 25k build here if you do it right.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2428400085_large.jpg

here was the 4 15"s in my cadillac deville, the box went end to end, had to be tapered to go in, and could not be built big enough for proper airspace, so it was sealed, but still too small, it did sound good though, now i know if I had built this boxx into the trunk, i could have gained more cubic feet, but still not enough cubic feet to run a vented enclosure. and for sure not enough airspace for 4 18"s in a proper sized vented enclosure. that giant trunk barely has enough airspace for 2 18"s in a proper sized enclosure, can you elaborate to us how you are going to prove us wrong, are you going to make your trunk bigger? because thats what it will take. and to my knowledge, a level 6 woofer is not meant to be in a sealed enclosure at all. you do realize that each one of these requires 6 cubic feet per sub? without the displacement of the subs and the port. so with woofer displacement you will need a box that is 25 cubic feet not including the port internal area, not including the displacement of the 1.5" thick walls of wood that you will need to hold all this together, not including bracing, not including the baffle that should probably be at least 4 sheets of wood thick, So lets just say after all said and done, the box is 35 cubic fet after all displacements, and your going to fit that in your trunk?

and also the fact that your impala's trunk is only 18.6 cubic feet total .........

i-like-turtles.jpg

Edited by purplesyrup
XS-power1.jpg

Lol... To those with only the shit coming out of their mouths about the build I thank you so greatly.. Fuel for this fire.... ILL MAKE SURE I POST THE PICS OF THIS BUILD.... Stay tuned!

Oh, we will. Lets see some pictures of your equipment you have so far yah?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1