Sonic Electronix

difference between sq and spl

What one is the one you hear coming down the street. Spl is more like you can fell the bass and sq is like you hear it better right.

Some car flex and move air but cant be heard very far.

Then you have the guy with 2 12s that you hear 2 blocks away on 800 watts.

Bass travels a lot further then you think. Even with a 400w amp. You can hear from a good distance.

Spl- sound pressure level. Pretty much means very loud bass and ppl that are looking for spl don't care much about sq.

Sq-sound quality. That is clean sounding bass, mids n highs. Many things. If your system has no distortion then it can be a sq car but at the same time spl. Someone on here may be able to sum it up better then I can

Bass travels a lot further then you think. Even with a 400w amp. You can hear from a good distance.

Spl- sound pressure level. Pretty much means very loud bass and ppl that are looking for spl don't care much about sq.

Sq-sound quality. That is clean sounding bass, mids n highs. Many things. If your system has no distortion then it can be a sq car but at the same time spl. Someone on here may be able to sum it up better then I can

He talks from SQL Sound quality loud!

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

SQ is more about imaging... or just an excuse people use when they aren't loud.

SPL is more moving air, being loud, O faces, ect. Especially O faces

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Spl machines and Ground Pounders usually mean loud music. The more pride and money you put into it, the more cleaner and powerful it sounds with the ultimate goal of reaching SQL ...

Now this is all depending on the owner's preference ... High SPL numbers or loud music ... Most of these machines are built to test the listener's ability to tollerate music at those levels. Some built to where you can only sit in that demo for no longer than 10 minutes ...

Sound Quality systems are mainly "For the Love of Music" reproduction as it was meant for you to get the same effect as you was at a Live event. A stage and image that you can mentally see when you are listening to music ... Absolute attention to detail. Most of the times, the system is designed so well that you couldn't hear music playing if you are standing outside of the vehicle and its being like a loud and clear live orchestra playing on the inside.

Yes, bass plays a major key, but it HAS to blend in with the rest of the music ... Ultimately, Sound Quality goal is to have you stage and image set up so good that you absolutely can not tell where the speakers are in the vehicle ...

Now ... Can all of this be set up in a single vehicle ?? Sure !!! If you know what you are doing and have the money to spend on it ...

Hope this helps out some ...

Randal

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

He talks from SQL Sound quality loud!

In some sense I was right I guess lol

or just an excuse people use when they aren't loud.

Sorry bro ... Gots to raise the "bullshit" flag on this one ... Some SQ vehicles can get Very loud ... Mine has no problems with putting a 140 on the board

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I'm not talking about real SQ vehicles. I'm talking about those people who don't like the way their system came out or aren't satisfied with their numbers so they claim their build as SQ.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived