Smoove Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 I use titebond II, never had an issue, and I have taken boxes apart I built with it and the MDF fails long before the glue does. I have always used liquid nail. Samething you had, taken boxes apart I built with it and the MDF fails long before the glue does. I bring up this old thread cause you guys have me second guessing myself. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
KillaCam Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 I'm gonna go do a titebond II demonstration right now. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
donpablo Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 titebond 2 my box was built with just it and no screws 2015 F-150 Platnuim
thethriller Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 more expensive, but I like the end result better, gorilla glue, stuff does not fail Have always Gorilla Glue'ed my boxes. Done right the glue joints are easily stronger than the MDF you started with. Obviously it's not just a glue joint, it's screwed as well.
KillaCam Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 I only weigh about 150lbs. There are screws in this but I'm sure this shows some good strength in the glue. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
Smoove Posted August 11, 2013 Report Posted August 11, 2013 ^^^^^ LOL!! That's great. 2 Team Fi 15's v1 2 DD M5's 970amps of Alt 6th order blowthroughThe truck Blowthrough build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155555-smooves-1996-chevy-ext-cab-c1500-slow-build/The 350z build : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170694-smooves-2003-nissan-350z/ My FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Smooves-Car-Audio-and-performance/719746144805343 Team Fi Audio http://www.ficaraudio.com/
kingsuv Posted August 12, 2013 Report Posted August 12, 2013 I use Elmer's Probond. It has a slower cure time so the penetration into the wood is better than some of the other brands people are using. I have never had a failed joint from it. Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out. not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it.
Omega5002 Posted August 12, 2013 Report Posted August 12, 2013 Titebond 2 ftw 2003 Kia Sorento Team Subsonic LowsTeam Bassin' on a Budget2016 Rebuild Under Construction Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)
Slim337 Posted August 20, 2013 Report Posted August 20, 2013 I actually always Liquid Nail sub floor adhesive when i build my boxes. It's thick & hold super strong once dried. Also seals any small gaps you may have.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.