Roadmaster Wagon Build - DC Level 6, NSB170s, Kicker Warhorse! Vid Pg 3!

Got some more work done on the 6th order. Hoping to finish the box up tonight and install it if I have time.

2013-01-18_19-06-22_428.jpg

2013-01-18_19-06-58_970.jpg

2013-01-18_19-07-05_813.jpg

2013-01-18_19-06-07_881.jpg

2013-01-18_20-17-32_209.jpg

All that is left is routing the holes for the ports; cutting the port lengths; mounting the ports; and roundover the edges of the box.

Starting to get excited to hear this thing! Hopefully it isn't a complete flop.

Got the 6th order installed last night...and all I can say is WOW! This thing is ridiculous. It's got fairly flat frequency response all of the way to the mid 70hz, but holy shit does this thing really start to shine at around 35hz or below.

Just to give you an idea, when listening to the Decaf version of Put On, the first two higher frequencies are strong, the 3rd frequency (the one in the 30s) really comes out strong, like the seats back rest feels like a massage chair, but then the low frequency hits and this thing has as much or more output than my 15" level 5 (granted the lvl 5 was in a 36hz standard vented box, but had more power on it).

Going to do a few tests tonight, maybe get a vid. I'm curious as to what number she hits (it's not super loud, but I'm sure the numbers over the band pass should be impressive) as well as what the box is rising to.

it's not too impressive till something low comes on and you realize that this is just a single 12" 500w sub.

anyway, here are some pix:

Final tweaks:

2013-01-23_23-25-33_463.jpg

installed:

2013-01-23_23-38-12_537.jpg

2013-01-23_23-38-19_21.jpg

2013-01-23_23-39-39_722.jpg

Anyway, I know it isn't pretty, but my goal wasn't pretty, my goal was to keep it as simple as possible and versitile in case it ended up sounding like shit. Well it didn't sound like shit. I'm Completely blown away that it turned out this good out of the gate, very promising. Either way, I'll probably end up doing some tweaks once I have time to do more testing.

Had some issues with the roundover bit tearing up the outer layer, but I really didn't care too much because this box is just an experiment anyway so it doesn't have to look perfect.

Let me know what you think or if you have any suggestions!

That box and port layout is fucking awesome. Looks like some rocket booster shit.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Another wagon owner reporting in!!

Great build, yours has SO MUCH space!!

One question, though. Where did you find those APSM-2000's? I've looked around and could only find em on eBay..

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

That box and port layout is fucking awesome. Looks like some rocket booster shit.

thanks lol, we named the box "The Robot". I had plans on making it look cooler, but due to design constraints (wanted to make sure I could use both chambers as seperate boxes if it didn't work out) I ended up having to do it this way.

Another wagon owner reporting in!!

Great build, yours has SO MUCH space!!

One question, though. Where did you find those APSM-2000's? I've looked around and could only find em on eBay..

Thanks man! There's a ton of space, but I kinda wish there was more LOL.

I bought them on newegg through 3kings. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA15Y0KV3652&Tpk=apsm2000

Little update on the main build here.

Had a bit of a setback on the body work (friend got busy), but ended up getting all the paint. Shit's expensive!! $270 right here:

2013-01-29_15-54-42_153.jpg

Found a bit of rust at the bottom of the rear drivers side door, as well as the other spots that need to be fixed. The front passenger fender, bumper, dent in the passenger side rear door, dent in the passenger side rear quarter, spot at the bottom of the same quarter that the paint chipped off, the driver's rear fender where it meets the bumper (got dented pulling car out).

Also decided to have him get rid of the triangle/circle things on the rear quarters. just going to extend the blue up so it's level all of the way back, if that makes sense.

Finally picked up a second set of Earthquake screamers for the build. Going to be two per side on the A pillers. These things are crazy...I absolutely love them, they sound great and get LOUD. the frequency response really brings the sound stage forward (1khz to 24khz). A single pair of them on a big amp (back when I had my kicker 650.4 was enough to keep me from cranking them, I'm a bit affraid of how loud they're going to get now lol.

Also in the picture is a new headlight assembly and side marker light I picked up at the junkyard for $35.

Untitled.jpg

Some other developments. Sold my 15" DC Level 5, now I just have to sell my 3k and my 18" level 5.

After the success of the 6th order for the type R, it made me want to build one for the 18" level 5. Biggest hurdle I have is that there are no published t/s parameters for them.

So I decided to stop drooling over this thing and buy it. Ordered it on sunday: https://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=390-806 Really excited to run t/s parameters on all of my drivers.

So if the 18" level 5 doesn't sell within the next week or two, I'll be building a 6th order for it. Only thing that may keep it from happening is if I don't end up getting my electrical beefed up enough to handle two of the apsm2ks strapped in time. but we shall see.

great build man keep it up!

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Archived