Second Skin Audio

building box for decaf

DylanBunch

I remember the 4" coiled HX2 powers and they were insane. I liked the pole vent, you could fit a babys arm in that thing. Not that you'd want to be shoving a babys arm into a motor, but I'm just saying....it would've fit.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

smaller box...and more port...tune it low...30hz is probably fine...maybe 27hz if I were you

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

Word..

The X max, and 40 somthing FS is a struggling factor when trying to pound a 27hz line for time.......

And then, to get a proper enclosure for that to sound OK, makes all other listening HZ sound like hell...

The newer line can just be a bit of a struggle to get LOW LOW... like, around the LOSS of HEARING hz......

Just my opinion...

I think the ultra low tune will seriously affect your bandwidth. You're gonna get peaky and you're gonna lose upper frequency response. I think you're trying to do too much with the driver you have. Get a sub with really low Fs and try there?

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

^^^

Word.

Again.. they can get low.. fug yes.. I ran my T1's on my 2500bdcp tuned upper 30's and would slam SOME Caf. But, that wasnt my music of choice either.

but.. DECAF, as a daily, ... hmmmmm..

But, not saying it cant be done..good luck.

OP maybe you could build a couple enclosures, and tell us what you see, and think.. best of luck..

Post vids please when your rolling...

Well my box now is 3.25cbft @38hz and it drops off at like 30-31hz and plays great up to around 50hz. The port area is 39.75 so if I build a box around 3-3.5 cbft with around 40sqft tuned at like 33hz so I have down to 25hz before it drops off (8hz down like other box) and high 40s before it starts falling off on the higher end. Would I be in good shape or am I just making stuff up lol my point is to make identical to my box now just lower tuned (if you didnt uunderstand)

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

Archived