99 new body style Chevy Silverado no more blowthrough

okay so the box is opening up!!!!!!!!!!

got them installed and they look goooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!

headlightsin_zps0d4de012.jpg

lightson_zpsbb16e3a3.jpglightson_zpsbb16e3a3.jpg

aftermath_zpscdfac3cb.jpg

Hey so, what brand lights did you end up going with? Page where you bought them?

HU: Pioneer DMH-Z5350BT

Mids & Highs: ML280.3, ML700.3, ML1800.3 Mille Legend Series 3 way

Lows: x3 JL Audio 12TW3 powered by JL Audio RD1500/1 

Cable: x2 Skyhigh 0 Gage OFC kits. Skyhigh 8 gage & 16 gage OFC speaker cable

Sound Deadener: 121 sq feet of Skyhigh 120mil
DSP: AudioControl DM 810

Project Build Log

Click here: 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee SQ Build to see the build progress.

okay so the box is opening up!!!!!!!!!!

got them installed and they look goooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!

headlightsin_zps0d4de012.jpg

lightson_zpsbb16e3a3.jpglightson_zpsbb16e3a3.jpg

aftermath_zpscdfac3cb.jpg

Hey so, what brand lights did you end up going with? Page where you bought them?

Honestly don't know what brand they are just bought them from eBay for $10 lol

I dont understand.. why people get made when someone has HID's in a regular bulb headlight assembly. Do you guys with projectors understand that every little bump your headlights feel aim your headlights a tad bit higher? I hate people with Hid's and Projectors because of how bright it is. I have dark tint and some of your lights still make me squint while i drive.

He means having bought a projector kit and phyiscally taken apart the stock lights to install it. They give you alot more light output and keep the light focused so it doesnt blind other drivers. But not everyone has the time or resources to do that. I know that id get merced if my girl came home to me baking my headlights to get em apart so i could do a retrofit.

Some hids do that to me too but mine are 10,000 k and are dark blue so no hurtin eyes here lol

I dont understand.. why people get made when someone has HID's in a regular bulb headlight assembly. Do you guys with projectors understand that every little bump your headlights feel aim your headlights a tad bit higher? I hate people with Hid's and Projectors because of how bright it is. I have dark tint and some of your lights still make me squint while i drive.

He means having bought a projector kit and phyiscally taken apart the stock lights to install it. They give you alot more light output and keep the light focused so it doesnt blind other drivers. But not everyone has the time or resources to do that. I know that id get merced if my girl came home to me baking my headlights to get em apart so i could do a retrofit.

Some hids do that to me too but mine are 10,000 k and are dark blue so no hurtin eyes here lol

Yeah your lights just make me think there's a cop behind me :huh2:

lol I wish my headlights were the same height as cop lights

started to wirebrush some of the grime off of the front end of my truck and tomorrow hopefully get at least the front done and will probably have to take the bumpers off... will try to get some pics tomorrow and get some before and after shots... if im not too nasty lol

so after false promises I got some work done and some pics

first had to send one of my ballast back because a capacitor or something blew up in it

badballast_zpsc19a1b48.jpg

also got a zippo lol... it matches something I have

firstrealzippi_zps604f9693.jpg

so took the throttle body off and it took like 2 hours just to get it off and im glad I did cause it needed some attention lol

this is just the intake manifold... the back of the throttle plate was worse

airintakemanifolddirty_zpsbe7b7633.jpg

backsidethrottleplatedirty_zpsb5195420.j

told you lol

didn't get any after pics but it definitely isn't black lol... was cleaning some of the crap from under my truck and forgot that I placed some glasses on the tire and now feel a lot stronger about wearing safety glasses

smashedasssafteyglassesooops_zpsc2407178

so got the new ballast today and put it in

newballastinstalled_zpsa134a551.jpg

also got daytime pics of the hids

lows

lowbeamdaytime_zpse536c450.jpg

highs

highbeamdaytime_zpsaa8e7425.jpg

also took the crossmember out to clean it cause im trying to clean the frame and repaint it because of the crap job that was thrown on mine that comes off with water :(

this is after I scraped all the shit out of it

foamedcrossmember_zpse5c4fd24.jpg

this is between my front dif and oil pan

dirtybesidetheenginge_zps7ac13318.jpg

this is the shit that I put on the second time... it says to let it sit for 10-15 minutes... screw that I let it sit for like 30 minutes and worked wonders

gunkfoam_zps2cc0220e.jpg

this is what that stuff looks like after the foam settles

dirtyasscrossmember_zps0a91e88a.jpg

when I got done with all the scrubbing I was gonna to tonight it was dark so I decided to allign my headlights... glad i did cause they were pretty bad

this is factory

lowsbefore_zps2a97e2fb.jpg

after adjustments

lowsafter_zpscd4af812.jpg

they look discolored but im pretty sure thats just from my phone

and the hights... they look like I didnt adjust them right but idk if thats how they actually look or it my phone was sideways

highs_zps32167cb5.jpg

and that is it for tonight and hopefully tomorrow will not bring many probs and all the rest the shit will come off and I can pick up some chassis paint and lay some paint down... also got a new pitman arm coming in so hopefully it will be on this weekend... dont even know if it will be here but hopefully it is.... also im going into my senior year of high school this year and found the collage im prolly going to

SAMpacket_zpsd3f04c8a.jpg

its a bad ass school in houston texas that teaches you how to make some bad ass race motors... im gonna try to take the block course... they are highly recoqnized in the racing world and there grads go to top racing teams and enging shops... the students worked with the horse power shop from powerblock tv and made a bad ass chevy LSX stroker that they dropped in a '99 camaro and took it to an event called the Texas MIle and on the second pass went around 204 mph

Well unfortunately those are probably the last photos for a couple of weeks because my computers power supply unit went out and not sure if its still warranted at 2 years old but if not ill just upgrade from a 475 to probably a 550 or 600 watt psu... Anyways that's were the pics end unless seome knows how to put pics in the post on moble???

Well unfortunately those are probably the last photos for a couple of weeks because my computers power supply unit went out and not sure if its still warranted at 2 years old but if not ill just upgrade from a 475 to probably a 550 or 600 watt psu... Anyways that's were the pics end unless seome knows how to put pics in the post on moble???

it should work the same way I use the photobucket app and copy and paste the link

Archived