AqFi Posted February 2, 2013 Author Report Posted February 2, 2013 thanks for the replies. I've looked at the CZ series before and I'm almost afraid to buy them because of how cheap they are! Those rockfords also look really good especially for the price. My only concern is how hard would it be to mount the 6 3/4'' woofers in my door? Those Crescendo's are good quality,they just price them lower than the big companies to help out people working with smaller budgets but still want good quality speakers. I'm pretty sure the RF 6 3/4 are the same mounting size as the 6.5's are. Yeah I've been looking into those RF 3/4's and I think you're right. Does anyone know if this website is reliable? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com If not ill just wait and see if sonic electronixs will match the price.
03 Xtreme Fosgate Posted February 2, 2013 Report Posted February 2, 2013 I've never ordered from them but I've heard mixed reviews on here so Idk. SE will prob match them,I've just put a request in for those also BUILD LOG-http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179004-03-s10-xtreme-ext-cab-rf-build/ PHOTOBUCKET- http://s1354.beta.photobucket.com/user/03XtremeFosgate/library/truck%20audio%20rebuild
bcbrassard Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 I would go RF but you would want to add a amp down the road to really make them sound good 15 watts x 4 HU power wont push them much but would give you headroom in the future for a louder system.
SoImVan Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 I've heard great stuff about the crescendos. They're in your price range too.
pstone11 Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 I've been through a ton of different components and I think that the DB series from Polk is very decent and stout. I think they are DB6501's... Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!
Bradprobert Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 I've been through a ton of different components and I think that the DB series from Polk is very decent and stout. I think they are DB6501's... after hearing all different brands of my friends systems i will say my polks have the best frequency response and dynamic balance without an amplifier. I have the DXi 650s(coaxial) im sure the component set will only be that much better. DXi6500 [sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223] 4th-order under rear seat build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165708-4th-order-under-rear-seat-chevy-extended-cab/#entry2410477 SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .
Sonic Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 My advice, keep running your stock speakers until you save money for a decent comp set, amp and sound deadening.
stroupe79 Posted February 11, 2013 Report Posted February 11, 2013 save up, get a 4channel and then get some quality mids/highs....Crescendo Pro Audio are very affordable and have to be worth the price cause tons of people run them http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/ 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Alpine CDE-hd148bt Alpine PKG-RSE2 PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors Kicker KX350.4 Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2 revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2DC Audio 1.2k5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar AudioTechnix 60mil deadenerKnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)
AqFi Posted February 11, 2013 Author Report Posted February 11, 2013 Thanks for all of the replies! So should I pick up the crescendo CZ 6.5s or wait until I have more cash for something better? I've also been looking for an amp. Would a little MB quart 2 channel be sufficient for my front stage or should I stop being cheap and shell out the money for a nice amplifier and speakers? http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_44472_MB-Quart-ONX2.100.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productads&gclid=CM605tGtrbUCFRKmPAodRRAAlQ Again, I only have one 12'' on 1200rms so I'm not looking for crazy good mids and highs.
stevh0 Posted May 6, 2013 Report Posted May 6, 2013 I have the DXI6500 on a crappy amp and they sound pretty good for the money. To be honest, the tweeters are a little loud but for the money, I cant complain.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.