Is this ok to use (wire)

thanks for sharing that!

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

How long are these runs going to be? I'd only use CCA if they're less than about 15 feet.

At least 2 runs from the front battery to the rear battery. Probably some where in the range of 25' to 30'. Also why not is it that bad?

sounds like a cool build! post up a build log once you get it going

Oh, Trust me I will.

I found this read interesting, maybe it can help you decide: http://www.knukoncep...magwiretest.pdf

Looks like an interesting read. I will definitely read this.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

what wire are you getting?

I am buying from AudioTechnix. Either CCA or OFC 1/0 awg.

More as in more runs from front to back. A single run can only carry so much current over a certain length.

So like you know 1 run of 1/0 CCA cannot carry the same amount of current as 1 run of 1/0 ofc.

But 2 runs if 1/0 CCA wire can out perform 1 run of 1/0 ofc

So I would need 4 runs of CCA 1/0 awg? 2 positive and 2 negative. I am getting 2-3 batteries for the back. Do I still need 2 runs of 1/0?

Rule by thump OFC can carry per run 300 amps CCA 250 amp´s. 4.5 K watt amp draw´s 450 amp´s, so you need 2 runs pos and 2 runs neg.

A other thing is OFC stay´s cooler than CCA, there is a thread in the sonic or XS section with vid, sorry didn´t remember exactly where.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

i didnt feel like reading what other ppl said so here we go cca =250 amps ofc=300 amps theres your big difference and thats how you figure out how many runs your going to need just some basic math you can do it i believe in you...also you dont have to do runs of ground to the battery it has been proven to not make a difference snafu did a video about it

2 runs front to back should be fine, but what about the runs to the amp itself? I assume they'll be relatively short since you have batts in the back

Sounds good, I got a good deal on this CCA 1/0 awg wire. I think that I can just run the amplifier positive's straight to the batteries that I will have in the back. Should be no longer than 3 feet from the battery to the amplifier.

i didnt feel like reading what other ppl said so here we go cca =250 amps ofc=300 amps theres your big difference and thats how you figure out how many runs your going to need just some basic math you can do it i believe in you...also you dont have to do runs of ground to the battery it has been proven to not make a difference snafu did a video about it

So I don't have to make another 2 runs to the rear batteries ground? That's good to know less wire to use and more for other things.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

what wire are you getting?

I am buying from AudioTechnix. Either CCA or OFC 1/0 awg.

More as in more runs from front to back. A single run can only carry so much current over a certain length.

So like you know 1 run of 1/0 CCA cannot carry the same amount of current as 1 run of 1/0 ofc.

But 2 runs if 1/0 CCA wire can out perform 1 run of 1/0 ofc

So I would need 4 runs of CCA 1/0 awg? 2 positive and 2 negative. I am getting 2-3 batteries for the back. Do I still need 2 runs of 1/0?

Rule by thump OFC can carry per run 300 amps CCA 250 amp´s. 4.5 K watt amp draw´s 450 amp´s, so you need 2 runs pos and 2 runs neg.

A other thing is OFC stay´s cooler than CCA, there is a thread in the sonic or XS section with vid, sorry didn´t remember exactly where.

So I do still need the 2 runs of 1/0 awg in my Jeep. I did not know that OFC stays cooler than CCA. Is the CCA heat going to be a problem?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived