Second Skin Audio

2 American Bass XD 10's box help

bsneon98

Last time I had my subs out of my current box, I noticed that each woofer has its own chamber. Any reasons behind that and if so what are the differences?

There are a few reasons to use this design: a) it is self bracing b ) since is symmetrical both subs loading is the same c) in the case an L port is obstructed by lateral car bracing the port in the middle can help. Just another option for you to keep in mind.

What do you suggest I do?

You have more experience than I do with enclosures.

Here is another suggestion:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32 Hz

Vb = 2.4 ft^3

External Height = 14 in

External Width = 28.5 in

External Depth = 18 in

Port Width = 2 3/8 in

Cut Sheet List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

2x Front = 13 1/16 x 12 1/2

Back = 28 1/2 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides: 16 1/2 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 28 1/2 x 18

Shared Port Internal Assembly Parts:

2 x Front to Back = 15 5/16 x 12 1/2

2 x Extension = 8 3/16 x 12 1/2

Assembly guide (generic dimensions):

tportsingle.jpg

Sorry for getting into this thread and getting it off topic for the thread starter. But i was wondering if i could use this same enclosure for my 2 10" ssa dcons i have this is somewhat what im looking for the only thing with me is i would like to have subs up port back.

[

Sorry for getting into this thread and getting it off topic for the thread starter. But i was wondering if i could use this same enclosure for my 2 10" ssa dcons i have this is somewhat what im looking for the only thing with me is i would like to have subs up port back.

If would a similar box, but different port area, subs up not recommended in trunk cars, not sure what vehicle you have, probably best if you started a thread.

[

I will start a thread. I have a hatchback integra

If would a similar box, but different port area, subs up not recommended in trunk cars, not sure what vehicle you have, probably best if you started a thread.

Last time I had my subs out of my current box, I noticed that each woofer has its own chamber. Any reasons behind that and if so what are the differences?

There are a few reasons to use this design: a) it is self bracing b ) since is symmetrical both subs loading is the same c) in the case an L port is obstructed by lateral car bracing the port in the middle can help. Just another option for you to keep in mind.

Can't say the L ported is just not going to work, anyhow I wouldn't tune that low if I expected to perform any loud.

Can't say the L ported is just not going to work, anyhow I wouldn't tune that low if I expected to perform any loud.

I always thought that 32 hz was a good happy medium, how is it too low to be loud?

I always thought that 32 hz was a good happy medium, how is it too low to be loud?

Well I was mainly talking about the 24-29.9Hz ideas in the first post.

Ok cool. 32hz it is!

Having 3 common port walls means that each sub is basically in its own box correct?

Id like to have as little port restriction as possible

Ok cool. 32hz it is!

Having 3 common port walls means that each sub is basically in its own box correct?

Id like to have as little port restriction as possible

3 common wall results in a port on the side like in post #8, two common wall usually result in boxes like the one I posted, if you are building a port on the side enclosure just make sure to adjust the tuning.

Archived