Second Skin Audio

Is this true?

CommonSyns

I have a die hard kicker fan as a friend that says to go with anything kicker. When I told him that I was buying something other than kicker and that I was buying a brand that's not known by him he instantly told me to go with kicker. I then said that I was buying two 15" subwoofers. When I said that he then proceeded to tell me that 15's are sloppy and that I should go with 12's. He told me that 15's have a bad response time, keep playing after the note was played, not "fast" enough, and don't sound as good as 12's. Is any of this true? I'm picking up 15's in the near future and I want a loud, sq, loud playing subwoofer. Is the 15' not this?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

I have a die hard kicker fan as a friend that says to go with anything kicker. When I told him that I was buying something other than kicker and that I was buying a brand that's not known by him he instantly told me to go with kicker. I then said that I was buying two 15" subwoofers. When I said that he then proceeded to tell me that 15's are sloppy and that I should go with 12's. He told me that 15's have a bad response time, keep playing after the note was played, not "fast" enough, and don't sound as good as 12's. Is any of this true? I'm picking up 15's in the near future and I want a loud, sq, loud playing subwoofer. Is the 15' not this?

The moment he said go with kicker is the moment you should have stopped listening to him. even asking us if such a thing is true makes YOU look bad honestly.

no, it's not true.

this^^ your buddy is full of shit haha

*** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ )

"kevosinn's" astro van
8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's
4 Sundown scv 6000's
CNF Distribution CNC parts
Skyhigh wire

some batteries

SMD Meters and tools used on the install
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/

16,000 watt walled silverado build.
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/

8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60

TEAM CNF Distribution

Ask him why kicker makes square subs then, and what the moving mass of the square cones is vs round cones, and what motor topology is being used in the coil gap and if they have a shorting ring or not..

Also ask him why kicker makes 15" and 18" subs and what the dampening factor of the subs is (protip: its a trick question, dampening factor is for amplifiers).

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

The moment he said go with kicker is the moment you should have stopped listening to him. even asking us if such a thing is true makes YOU look bad honestly.

no, it's not true.

I did not mean to make myself look bad, I'm just asking is all.

Why would size make it sound sloppy ?

I have no idea what my friend is thinking but he told me to go with two 12's which I don't want to do.

Kicker.....

50zoO4m.gif

They all move at the same speed to make the sound, the old slogan 15"s are sloppy is from the 1998 caraudio forum, if your not running 2 10"s in a sealed box your gay era.

And if the 15" sounds sloppy, you have a horrible box builder on your hands

Well, I have designs made from Ram-Designs that I was planning on making my self, But now stuff is moving and now I have no tools to build the box so I'm getting a local car shop to build it with the designs I provided.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Ask him why kicker makes square subs then, and what the moving mass of the square cones is vs round cones, and what motor topology is being used in the coil gap and if they have a shorting ring or not..

Also ask him why kicker makes 15" and 18" subs and what the dampening factor of the subs is (protip: its a trick question, dampening factor is for amplifiers).

I'll ask him that and see what he says lol.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

no, it's not true.

I did not mean to make myself look bad, I'm just asking is all.

Why would size make it sound sloppy ?

I have no idea what my friend is thinking but he told me to go with two 12's which I don't want to do.

Kicker.....

50zoO4m.gif

They all move at the same speed to make the sound, the old slogan 15"s are sloppy is from the 1998 caraudio forum, if your not running 2 10"s in a sealed box your gay era.

And if the 15" sounds sloppy, you have a horrible box builder on your hands

Well, I have designs made from Ram-Designs that I was planning on making my self, But now stuff is moving and now I have no tools to build the box so I'm getting a local car shop to build it with the designs I provided.

If you feel confident that the designs are accurate, go for it,

XS-power1.jpg

Have the local car audio shop do it? Or myself. This will be the first time that I would build a box by myself.

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived