97' Jeep ZJ- DC lvl3 18, Crescendo, XS, Singer, Door Pods & A-pillars finished-pg2

Crescendo finally sent my FT1's so i built my A pillar pods. Was a bitch and a half, 40 degrees and glassing sucks. I had to take the space heater in the bathroom and cook them for a few hours before they finally cured...

I used a hole saw to cut a cpl stacked rings out of MDF, took them to the car and got my angles right. Used hot glue to hold it all in place.

Used a cpl old t-shirts for the material, hot glue held it in place great. US composites 435 and lots of 3/4oz mat for the glassing.

Sanded the hell out of them and gave a nice coat of Duraglass ,followed by Bondo and later some spot putty. I used some leftover rubberized bumper coating to spray them. Matched my interior well.

Didn't get many pics though, too busy that week...

JeepA-pillar_3.jpg

JeepA-pillar_1.jpg

JeepA-pillar_2.jpg

backside1.jpg

backside2.jpg

DSC04596.jpg

DSC04588.jpg

DSC04579.jpg

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

Dam those are nice looking pillars

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Onto making rings for my door pods. Don't have a jasper jig, don't have a plunge router.... Do have a router and some plexi.... Made a circle jig bought a 1/4'' Bosch carbide Dado/plunge bit and got it done.

CircleJig-1.jpg

Router.jpg

6pnt5MDFRings.jpg

6pnt5MDFRing-1.jpg

Nice fit too :)

PWX6.jpg

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......

Dam those are nice looking pillars

Thanks ,man, :drink40:

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Finished my door pods finally. One pwx6 & pwx8 per side. Common chamber....

Foundation... Used some 3/16 aluminum in between the layers so i could mount the pods to the door panel from the backside.

DSC04634.jpg

Bottom was too thin, added a cpl more layers of woven mat....
DSC04646.jpg

My original layout. Wouldn't fit because the 6.5 ring was hitting the seat. Had to mount it on an angle.....

DSC04651.jpg

DSC04660.jpg

DSC04666.jpg

Used speaker grille cloth, attached with hot glue.... Then onto the glass. They have 2 layers of 3/4oz mat & 2 layers of 1.5oz mat on the outside. One layer of 1.5oz mat on the inside.

DSC04670.jpg

DSC04667.jpg

Duraglass , bondo & spot putty....

DSC04682.jpg

DSC04683.jpg

DSC04677.jpg

Shot them with rustoleum bedliner. The texture is just a cunt hair finer than the duplicolor i used on my enclosure.

DSC04689.jpg

They sound great, although under powered.

DSC04731.jpg

DSC04729.jpg

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

Bought a hydraulic crimper , some Knu green cca and re-did my big 3. Milled a distro block out of .5'' aluminum barstock for my alt as well. Didn't like stacking terminals on the B+ stud....

DSC04736.jpg

DSC04742.jpg

Old setup.....

6.jpg

New Setup. Military terminals. Two positive runs from alt to front batt, one run of 4g to the fusebox, batt to chassis ground, engine block to chassis ground, alt case to battery ground and engine block to batt ground .... Adhesive lined shrink tube on everything in the vehicle. Still need to swap fuses to 250's... My singer VCM used to get pretty hot so i glued a heatsink to it with thermal epoxy and wired up a relay to turn on a small fan to cool it. Worked well.

DSC04722.jpg

Alternator distribution block.

DSC04734.jpg

Added dual inputs to the BC2k. Why on a 2k amp? Because... Basshead.... lol

DSC04726.jpg

Re-wired all mids and highs with sky high 14g cca and swapped out the cheapo tsunami rca's with Knu karma rca's.

DSC04727.jpg

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived