Second Skin Audio

What size Sundown Subwoofer for my Car?

choyt1981

If you have a ported box you wont really hit good down in the lows since its an 8. Go ported anywhere from 30-35hz and itll sound good

False as well. An 8 can hit the lows.

I meant to say sealed wont hit the lows so thats why he should go ported low 30s lol my bad

2006 Ford Explorer

2 Team AA/Sundown 15s

6th order

Ct Sounds 7k

4 PRV Mr500 8s

Rockford p1000-2

Team Subsonic Lows

any Sundown SA 8-10-12-15 sub will be good, just depends on the amount of trunk you are willing to sacrifice for the box.....go ported for sure and as mentioned even the SA8 will handle the lows....

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

If you have a ported box you wont really hit good down in the lows since its an 8. Go ported anywhere from 30-35hz and itll sound good

12 is to much...also was told that with the music I listen to it wouldnt be a good choice since the 12 wouldn't recover fast enough to hit it correctly. Thanks for your opinion though. Any more peeps out there have suggestions? Ported vs Sealed? Size for my trunk? Will I even be able to hear it decently through my back seats? These are all concerns I have since nobody around my area has any of these installed or hooked up at local stereo shops!

both of these are wrong...SA8s will hit the lows

and speaker size has nothing to do with "recovering fast enough to handle" your music....I crush dubstep, rap, rock anything with an 18...it doesn't matter

http://www.stevemead...cherokee-build/

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Alpine CDE-hd148bt

Alpine PKG-RSE2

PRV Audio (4) 6MB200 front/rear doors

PRV Audio (4) TW350Ti dash/rear doors

Kicker KX350.4

Obsidian Audio (1) 18 D4 v2

revamp (2) Stereo Integrity HT 18d2
DC Audio 1.2k
5.25ft^3 tuned @34hz

revamp Infinite Baffle Cpillar

AudioTechnix 60mil deadener
KnuKonceptz & SkyHigh wire (complete setup)

stroupe79.jpg

I have an SA8 V.2 on a Rockford 500 and let me tell you, it does hit hard and low. Slot ported tuned to somewhere between 34-36Hz , it sounds good musically but does a great job on heavy bass tunes as well. I went from an SD12 to SA8, very pleased and the SD12 was no slouch.

" was told that with the music I listen to it wouldnt be a good choice since the 12 wouldn't recover fast enough to hit it correctly."

WRONG.. WRONG.... WRONG..

12 is to much...also was told that with the music I listen to it wouldnt be a good choice since the 12 wouldn't recover fast enough to hit it correctly. Thanks for your opinion though. Any more peeps out there have suggestions? Ported vs Sealed? Size for my trunk? Will I even be able to hear it decently through my back seats? These are all concerns I have since nobody around my area has any of these installed or hooked up at local stereo shops!

That's false

I'd go ported. You will hear it fine in your trunk through the seats.

^^Agreed.^^ Dang, I hate people giving out misinformation about what subwoofer can/can't do.! Ugh, some people...

Post max dims for a box, bearing in mind that it needs to fit in the way in, also set a budget for your build, dismiss any comments that you might have heard, transient response, group delay issues are dealt with by doing the box right.

What a clusterfuk this turned out to be!!! Thanks for the clarification....I'm am pretty dead set on the 8....not looking for really low low bass...all Im really looking for is the uniformity with the rest of my speakers....lows...melding with the 6x9's. I used to be all about how loud and boomy it could be...but these days I'm looking for the sweet spot.

Thanks for all your input!!!

What a clusterfuk this turned out to be!!! Thanks for the clarification....I'm am pretty dead set on the 8....not looking for really low low bass...all Im really looking for is the uniformity with the rest of my speakers....lows...melding with the 6x9's. I used to be all about how loud and boomy it could be...but these days I'm looking for the sweet spot.

Thanks for all your input!!!

dimensions of spacing you're willing to give up???

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Archived