Second Skin Audio

What size Sundown Subwoofer for my Car?

choyt1981

For all you car audio junkies out there that have the mind of the gods I am wondering from your experience what Sundown Subwoofer would be the best fit for my car. I have a 2004 Chrysler Sebring LX Sedan and already have a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT headunit installed, 4 Alpine SPS-619 3 Way 6x9's installed also. I went to a local Stereo shop and the dude there was pointing me towards the Sundown SA-8 v.2.. He was telling me it would more than do what I want it to do...and some. Now I know you guys are all about SPL etc...but I'm someone who just is looking for that sub that will fill in the low ends, and not be over powering and heard 3 blocks down the street. I want a fluid sound throughout... with the option of maybe going a bit louder down the road.

Now with your experience...would a SA-8 v.2 be enough for my trunk (car) or should I go with a SA-10 v.2? Ported or Sealed? I listen to mostly Dubstep, rap, and rock. I was told the 8 would do the job for the pure fact it wouldn't flutter with the base notes, and would hit and fall off pretty quick.

So whats your opinion?

What mono block amp would you recommend also? I was looking at the Alpine MRP-M500 amp. Thanks for all your input...Let me know if you need anymore details..

12 is to much...also was told that with the music I listen to it wouldnt be a good choice since the 12 wouldn't recover fast enough to hit it correctly. Thanks for your opinion though. Any more peeps out there have suggestions? Ported vs Sealed? Size for my trunk? Will I even be able to hear it decently through my back seats? These are all concerns I have since nobody around my area has any of these installed or hooked up at local stereo shops!

12 is to much...also was told that with the music I listen to it wouldnt be a good choice since the 12 wouldn't recover fast enough to hit it correctly. Thanks for your opinion though. Any more peeps out there have suggestions? Ported vs Sealed? Size for my trunk? Will I even be able to hear it decently through my back seats? These are all concerns I have since nobody around my area has any of these installed or hooked up at local stereo shops!

That's false

I'd go ported. You will hear it fine in your trunk through the seats.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

That is not true on the first sentence, a 12 can equally sound as good as an 8, and vice versa, just depends on the proper box, and how much space you're willing to give up.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

If you have a ported box you wont really hit good down in the lows since its an 8. Go ported anywhere from 30-35hz and itll sound good

False as well. An 8 can hit the lows.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

Archived