Sundown Audio

?AMP? + Rockford Fosgate (2) R2-D2-12

Drommy

So I just bought two Rockford Fosgate R2-D2 12 inch subs for my car and got all the wiring and everything.

----

I currently have them running in a ported box on a BOSS AR1500M that I got for 64 bucks just to get my system working till I can get a better amp. ----

They don't hit very hard...I think the amp is probably only pushing around 300-400 watts maybe? I'm wired down to 2 ohms. ----

It also could be the box? (got it free) My box is hugggee. Its ported and the port fires upwards and so do the subs. (on the top of the box)---

They kind of have a thumpy sound to them too. I think I have way too much air space...

---

I think I am just underpowering them though maybe?

---

Would this amp work if I were to just turn the gain to the point of distortion? Would I risk blowing the subs? It puts out true 950 watts at 2 ohms and my subs are rated at 250 rms a piece and 500 peak watts. http://www.audiopipe.com/products/amplifiers/ap/ap-15001d.html

---

Would there be a better amp in that price range, maybe by them, that will put out the max watts my subs will take safely without blowing?

Could it also be my box? ---

THANKS GUYS.---

If it's a boss amp, it peaks at 300-400 watts LOL. Throw that amp in the trash and invest in something new. soundqubed q-1200 would tear those little turds up :)

-playing with different setups

The problem could be the box. It can definitely affect the way your subs are sounding since they are low powered subs and 300 watts to them should get them moving.

Post a picture of that box and also the settings on the amplifier you made.

The audiopipe ap 1500 will definitely give you the power you need but im sure that the box is the problem. Too big of volume will make it sound lower, i know, i heard an l7 12 in like 4 cubes sealed almost and it hit better in 2 cubes by a long shot and had a weird bass/sound coming out of it.

Sorry kylar lol

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

The problem first that nobody touched on i guess is the box. It can definitely affect the way your subs are sounding since they are low powered subs and 300 watts to them should get them moving.

Post a picture of that box and also the settings on the amplifier you made.

The audiopipe ap 1500 will definitely give you the power you need but im sure that the box is the problem. Too big of volume will make it sound lower, i know, i heard an l7 12 in like 4 cubes sealed almost and it hit better in 2 cubes by a long shot and had a weird bass/sound coming out of it.

"It's probably your box."

Its in the first damn post. But thank you..

Yeah fixed that but definitely show your box. Those subs dont need much power.

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

• 2 weeks later...

Archived