Speaker location for best SQ? Need help!

bcbrassard

I am looking for advice on best speaker location for my 2003 Mistubishi Lancer. Currently running all RF power series speakers & amps in car. I will be installing a Pioneer DEH 80 to replace the cheap Pioneer in there now. I have a LC7 linedriver, 2 T400-4s & a 1999 RF Power bd 1000a1.

Front doors have T265 comp being run of 1 of the T400-4. The Tweeter is 13" up from center of mid driver due to the only location that worked well in door panel. I used 60 sf of dynomat on 2 doors, in & outer skin for sound deadening.

The rear speakers are mounted in the stock location in the rear deck and being run off 2 of the 4 channels from the other T400-4. so i know now that that location causing most of the problem by having the sound imaging from the rear to high.

The trunk floor dynomatted and build a 3/8 floor over spare tire well and reinstall stock carpetting where a 2.98 cf sub enclosure with 2 4" precision ports. One on either side of a 2012 T1D212" RF sub tuned at 34 hz. Plenty of bass but rear trunk lid needs some deadening to clean up rattles that will be addressed in the future.

My main issue is the highs are a little to high and not enough mid bass for my liking. Now all the speaker are new and still breaking in so i am not sure how much that will change plus adding a way better HU.

I have entertained getting at least another set of T265 comps and fiber glassing speaker pods in the rear doors and eleminating the rear deck speakers and having the T400-4 push those.

RF support suggested another set of T265 comps in the doors up front for more mid bass which would mean fiber glassing the front door panels to house 2 sets of T2. In that case i was think of using the other T400-4 to run those, still put the T265 in the rear doors and have the PBR 300x4 run those.

Any experience opinions welcome.

sent you a PM Sir

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Pics of your current setup would help. I've never had a chance to see the inside of that particular vehicle.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

cablguy is the guy to talk to about this, he knows a lot about sq. so hope i get to hear this before i leave. oh by the way op im moving to oregon sometime before july4th hopefully

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I cant figure out how to down load them on here, i would take some help to get them on. I am old and computer challenged! lol

I upload all of my pics onto the SMD Garage ... Works great !!!

cablguy is the guy to talk to about this, he knows a lot about sq. so hope i get to hear this before i leave. oh by the way op im moving to oregon sometime before july4th hopefully

Thank you Sir ... Glad I can help out !!!

Archived